Thanks Blue Dudes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
Call it what you want but my wife felt that the agent went above and beyond to make her feel extremely comfortable. My wife is not a novice at traveling. She has non reved with me at Pan Am, Delta, NWA and American. She is fairly familiar with how the system works.

In fact, she was so taken back by the agent, that she told me that she would have been willing to pay a premium for the service she received. Unfortunately she could not remember the individuals name or I would be sending a letter to Neelman/Barger instead of just a post on this board.

Traveling by yourself with two children under 3 can be a real chore to say the least.

Once again, thank you.

Even if you didn't get the crewmember's name...still send a note to the company. It's not the name that garners recognition, but the company as a whole...

And thanks for the compliment to the company...it makes me proud to work with the people here...

skiav8tor said:
Even if you didn't get the crewmember's name...
Y'know, that Orwellian manner you guys have of calling all employees "crewmembers", even when the FAA defines the term kinda creeps me out.

"Our leader has decided to change the meaning of this word. All hail our leader."

radarlove said:
Y'know, that Orwellian manner you guys have of calling all employees "crewmembers", even when the FAA defines the term kinda creeps me out.

"Our leader has decided to change the meaning of this word. All hail our leader."

It's what jb calls employees. We don't have passengers we have Customers. We don't have vendors we have Business Partners. It is what it is, not a choice on our part and in the big scheme, it makes sense.

Bavarian Chef said:
It's what jb calls employees. We don't have passengers we have Customers. We don't have vendors we have Business Partners. It is what it is, not a choice on our part and in the big scheme, it makes sense.

No, actually, you do have "passengers" and "vendors", your leader has just decided to call them a different (and incorrect) name.

All hail the leader. He can even change the meaning of common words!

IB6 UB9 said:
Thankyou for that compensation lesson. From now on we over here at B6 will respond accordingly. "Miss, sorry but I can't help you...you'll have to find the gate on your own. I believe my company does not fairly compensate me for the job I do now, so any act of generosity on my part is no longer part of the package. Neither is smiling, giving directions, or offering a helping hand while you struggle with carry-ons, strollers, and two young children. Now if I was to get a few more dollars an hour...well now...that's a different story. Hope you make it to the gate miss...but truthfully, I really don't give a sh!t. And if you don't like it...you can always walk...er...swim (in this case). Have a nice day...whups...wasn't supposed to throw that in."

Is this what you meant?

No, that is not what I meant. I was responding to the comment made previous to mine that "no one owes you anything."

And now to respond to your rather smart a$$ post... (To everyone else reading this, my apologies for the thread drift. However, when the dork meter is pegged, I have to take corrective action.)

I am sure that you are a very friendly person who enjoys providing great customer service. And I agree that customer service is the absolute key to return customers. But I seriously doubt that you entered (and remain in) this profession for that reason alone. If you are like 99% of the airline pilots in the world, you do it for the money and the chance to fly an airplane.

Your post seems to scoff at the fact I am pointing out, which is, that an airline must fairly compensate its employees for the outstanding work they do. And if the company makes even more money because the employees are doing such a great job, then the employees should have more to show for it in their paychecks.

If you are the 1% of pilots who are in this job because they don't really like the money and flying airplanes, then here's a solution. Spend less time behind the cockpit door, and more time in the back with all the nice people. Go be a flight attendant.

radarlove said:
No, actually, you do have "passengers" and "vendors", your leader has just decided to call them a different (and incorrect) name.

All hail the leader. He can even change the meaning of common words!

Okay, you win.

Juvat said:
No, that is not what I meant. I was responding to the comment made previous to mine that "no one owes you anything."

And now to respond to your rather smart a$$ post... (To everyone else reading this, my apologies for the thread drift. However, when the dork meter is pegged, I have to take corrective action.)

I am sure that you are a very friendly person who enjoys providing great customer service. And I agree that customer service is the absolute key to return customers. But I seriously doubt that you entered (and remain in) this profession for that reason alone. If you are like 99% of the airline pilots in the world, you do it for the money and the chance to fly an airplane.

Your post seems to scoff at the fact I am pointing out, which is, that an airline must fairly compensate its employees for the outstanding work they do. And if the company makes even more money because the employees are doing such a great job, then the employees should have more to show for it in their paychecks.

If you are the 1% of pilots who are in this job because they don't really like the money and flying airplanes, then here's a solution. Spend less time behind the cockpit door, and more time in the back with all the nice people. Go be a flight attendant.

I do it for money and chics, the fact that it is in an airplane is immaterial. Now if jb paid more and hired more girls in the back than I would be set.

Juvat:

You got it. A thousand years ago as a restaurant owner/operator using wages to get FAA licenses, I learned the best way to beat the "line" was to throw money at the talent and continue doing so until the improvement stopped. Then add a tiny per cent and watch them work, while I drank at the bar on days off and held employee parties monthly.

It's about returns. I forsook many a bonus to turn it back to my employees, and I was rewarded with great reviews in the local papers and loyal as heck employees.

I STILL get emails from all around the world from my old team. Is it that hard to figure out? The drive within is to be rewarded. Lacking that drive? Then a bit of training, because I only pay high dollar for high output. Still nothing? Bye. Everyone else, the happymeter is pegged.

Longhorn said:
As for flying, was on the 320 for 20 months and now the 190....My butt hurts after a 2 hour flight on the 190, the 320 was good for 6 hours no problem.

Tell me about it:rolleyes:

My company did a survey over a year ago about the seats. Everyone I talked to wrote how uncomftorable it is. Now I see pilots carrying a seat cushion on their trips. Other than that, nice airplane to coomute in from a passenger point. 170 is very roomy and every trip I do, I get compliments from paxs how they like the airplane.

Latest resources

Back