Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed!

Truckdriver said:
People act the same way no matter what they are paid. If you aren't going to help a lady struggling with children through security if you are paid 40K per year, getting paid 200K per year isn't going to magically make you help her. It is who you are. If you are the kind of person that brings compensation into motivating you into doing what is right, deep down you are a selfish person that contributes very little to society. I ususlly help people when I'm at the airport and I'm not even working. In that case, I'm compensated NOTHING. I just do it because it is the right thing to do and it helps someone to have a better day.

Agreed, Truckdriver! That is why the Targeted Selection process works at B6, that is the kind of employee we look for and strive to hire. Not everyone is a perfect fit, it is all about doing the RIGHT thing. Good post.

Truckdriver said:
People act the same way no matter what they are paid. If you aren't going to help a lady struggling with children through security if you are paid 40K per year, getting paid 200K per year isn't going to magically make you help her. It is who you are. If you are the kind of person that brings compensation into motivating you into doing what is right, deep down you are a selfish person that contributes very little to society. I ususlly help people when I'm at the airport and I'm not even working. In that case, I'm compensated NOTHING. I just do it because it is the right thing to do and it helps someone to have a better day.

Excellent post. I call it manners or in the Grand Old Tradition ... chivalry. Sometimes helping out, is just that -- a reflection of your character and your upbringing. That being said ... we sure could use a little more green at jb.

Call it what you want but my wife felt that the agent went above and beyond to make her feel extremely comfortable. My wife is not a novice at traveling. She has non reved with me at Pan Am, Delta, NWA and American. She is fairly familiar with how the system works.

In fact, she was so taken back by the agent, that she told me that she would have been willing to pay a premium for the service she received. Unfortunately she could not remember the individuals name or I would be sending a letter to Neelman/Barger instead of just a post on this board.

Traveling by yourself with two children under 3 can be a real chore to say the least.

Once again, thank you.

Last edited:
She has non reved with me at Pan Am, Delta, NWA and American.

How did you manage to work for all of these airlines?

Thanks for the trip report G4G5. It's nice to see something not wholly negative on this board. I'm glad the product still works, too.

viking737 said:
She has non reved with me at Pan Am, Delta, NWA and American.

How did you manage to work for all of these airlines?

I guess he applied and got hired. Amazing!

Truckdriver said:

Great post! I've flown with guys who make great salaries that went out of their way to help customers and I've flown with guys who feel that it's below them no matter what they're paid. Compensation has nothing to do with it. If it does, then only senior captains would be helping customers.
Flying passengers is a customer service job.

G4G5

If you are old enought to have worked at Pan Am et al, and still can produce a 3 month old baby,,, well sir,,, you are my hero!

There is hope for all us poops!

Hung

Latest resources

Back