Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB170Pilot said:
Tell me about it:rolleyes:

My company did a survey over a year ago about the seats. Everyone I talked to wrote how uncomftorable it is. Now I see pilots carrying a seat cushion on their trips. Other than that, nice airplane to coomute in from a passenger point. 170 is very roomy and every trip I do, I get compliments from paxs how they like the airplane.

Apologize for more thread drift...

Does anyone else find it odd that cockpit seats, with sheep's wool covers, lumbar, all the other crap, are generally really uncomfortable, even though they probably cost $40,000 each? After a long trip, I climb into my pickup truck, and am amazed at the comfort compared to the B-737 seat.

You'd think with all the big $$ and R&D that goes into a jet transport, they'd make seats that would at least be tolerable for 5 hours without agony. I can easily drive 12 hours in total comfort, but to fly that long would be painful. They should take a good quality auto seat, like a Lexus, beef it up internally to meet FAA strength specs, and retrofit the jets.

Back OT: It's admirable that JB strives for great customer service, but the public is fickle as he|| and as soon as their JB flight costs more than the competition, 98% will bail to the cheaper ticket. Sad but true.

I highly suspect that the discomfort is intentional to keep us from dozing. It's a plot I tell ya...

radarlove said:
No, actually, you do have "passengers" and "vendors", your leader has just decided to call them a different (and incorrect) name.

All hail the leader. He can even change the meaning of common words!

Sure. Since the FAA defined the people in the back as "passengers" (thanks, Marion Blakey) and the entities that supply Jetblue with everything from engine oil analysis to plastic cups is a "vendor" [ven-dor (noun) 1: one that vends]. I guess everything is perfectly clear now.

So someone who calls 800-JETBLUE to book a flight and asks a few questions about their travel is not a customer? [cus-tom-er (noun) 1: one that purchases a commodity or service] Or a company that makes certain our IT lines are up and running 24/7 isn't vested in partnerhood with Jetblue's business [i.e. a business partner]? I see. That clears it up.

All I can say is I can shake the hand of my "leader" on a more-than-completely-random basis, unlike other CEOs who would slither away like a reptile. I can also clearly tell my "leader" what I think while he's perched on my jumpseat as we ply eastward at FL370 from SLC to JFK at 3 am. I never got to do that with Goodwin or Franke.

These "terms" seem to work well for us "crewmembers." ::shrug::

Cheers,
SCR

SoCentralRain said:
All I can say is I can shake the hand of my "leader" on a more-than-completely-random basis, unlike other CEOs who would slither away like a reptile. I can also clearly tell my "leader" what I think while he's perched on my jumpseat as we ply eastward at FL370 from SLC to JFK at 3 am. I never got to do that with Goodwin or Franke.

These "terms" seem to work well for us "crewmembers." ::shrug::

Cheers,
SCR
Really nothing against your leader, it's just creepy to watch someone distort language for corporate benefit. It's like when McDonald's went to "team members" from "employees".

I don't care much about the difference between customer and passenger (you're right, they're both), but calling every employee a "crewmember" (which, in this case, they're not) and every vendor a "business partner" (which they are certainly not) is weird.

Why do it?

Other airlines do weird stuff too, Southwest Airlines intentionally mis-spells words like "on time" (they say "ontime").

In the end, if Neeleman wants to call customer service agents "crewmembers", fine, that's up to him. But it gets kool-aidie when other employees, especially real crewmembers come onto a forum that is populated by other crewmembers and call a CSA a crewmember.

A little brain-washy-washy. But no real harm, at least if you recognize that it's a cultifying kinda thing.

The fact that you obsess about this speaks volumes.

Each airline calls a trip something different.

Each airlines refers to manuals or departments different.

Get over yourself.

Latest resources

Back