Thanks Blue Dudes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G4G5

I recently had a trip to Bermuda with an 8 day sit (all expenses paid). So, I decided to fly the wife and kids down for a free vaction on the company, (JFK- Bermuda). I thought about booking on AA (my former carrier) but I didn't like the times, all things consider prices were equal.

My wife was a little apprehensive about traveling alone with a 12 month old and a 3 year old right after the whole no liquids fiasco. She was concerned about getting the baby's formula through security and having to drag two little kids through the TSA mess.

After I booked the tickets, she called B6 reservations directly to get their version of what can and can't be carried on board. The booking agent was awesome and suggested a meet and greet type of service that you offer.

Well she was stunned. One of your agents met her at checking and basically held her hand all the way to the gate. Helping out with the kids and the TSA strip down. My wife was so pleased she tried to give her $5 but she refused saying that she was just doing her job (eventually she forced it on her). Luckily for her (not for you guys) the E190 she was scheduled on had a mechanical in Bermuda and was substituted for an A320, which left her with abundant space for the kids.

The ride home was just as painless and worked in very much the same manner. Which made my life and hers a lot less stressful and relaxing.

As many of you know I have been critical of some of B6's moves in the past but I have always tried to remain objective and fair. So, I need to compliment you guys when credit is due. My wife would have NEVER received the same service at any of the other majors I have worked for (NWA, DAL and AA).

Thanks again for taking such good care of my family and keep up the good work.

G4G5 said:
I recently had a trip to Bermuda with an 8 day sit (all expenses paid). So, I decided to fly the wife and kids down for a free vaction on the company, (JFK- Bermuda). I thought about booking on AA (my former carrier) but I didn't like the times, all things consider prices were equal.

My wife was a little apprehensive about traveling alone with a 12 month old and a 3 year old right after the whole no liquids fiasco. She was concerned about getting the baby's formula through security and having to drag two little kids through the TSA mess.

After I booked the tickets, she called B6 reservations directly to get their version of what can and can't be carried on board. The booking agent was awesome and suggested a meet and greet type of service that you offer.

Well she was stunned. One of your agents met her at checking and basically held her hand all the way to the gate. Helping out with the kids and the TSA strip down. My wife was so pleased she tried to give her $5 but she refused saying that she was just doing her job (eventually she forced it on her). Luckily for her (not for you guys) the E190 she was scheduled on had a mechanical in Bermuda and was substituted for an A320, which left her with abundant space for the kids.

The ride home was just as painless and worked in very much the same manner. Which made my life and hers a lot less stressful and relaxing.

As many of you know I have been critical of some of B6's moves in the past but I have always tried to remain objective and fair. So, I need to compliment you guys when credit is due. My wife would have NEVER received the same service at any of the other majors I have worked for (NWA, DAL and AA).

Thanks again for taking such good care of my family and keep up the good work.

WOW, great story G4G5. It's nice to see that some people still realize that airlines are a CUSTOMER SERVICE business.

Looks like B6 just landed some lifetime passengers just by going the extra mile. You can't buy PR like that.

Congrats JetBlue!!

I saw something very similar taking place at jfk last night. I was waiting for that airtain and a jetblue employee was on the radio asking for some help in buying a customer a ticket. Didn't catch all details but she was going out of her way to help. Might just be the norm. Who knows?

landlover said:
I saw something very similar taking place at jfk last night. I was waiting for that airtain and a jetblue employee was on the radio asking for some help in buying a customer a ticket. Didn't catch all details but she was going out of her way to help. Might just be the norm. Who knows?

It's is the norm at JB to see this kind of stuff. It is the exception to the rule to see someone not help out from what I've experienced. It's the other way around at all other airlines I've seen.

Truckdriver said:
It's is the norm at JB to see this kind of stuff. It is the exception to the rule to see someone not help out from what I've experienced. It's the other way around at all other airlines I've seen.

Sounds like Jetblue employees should make significantly more $$. What a shame.

G4G5 said:
Well she was stunned. One of your agents met her at checking and basically held her hand all the way to the gate. Helping out with the kids and the TSA strip down. My wife was so pleased she tried to give her $5 but she refused saying that she was just doing her job (eventually she forced it on her).

Wow. Big spender. In quarters?

800Dog said:
Sounds like Jetblue employees should make significantly more $$. What a shame.

Yes, that's correct. Funny thing is, most other companies pay their employees more and they still don't do this type of thing. Most times, at jb, you get a LOT more than you pay for.

Bavarian Chef said:
Yes, that's correct. Funny thing is, most other companies pay their employees more and they still don't do this type of thing. Most times, at jb, you get a LOT more than you pay for.

Too bad for the jb employees providing the great service.

Latest resources

Back