Ted --- new name for UAL's Starfish

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mugs said:
Sorry I couldn't chime in before your Highness left for Europe. However, perhaps you are correct about the attitude problems.

Your highness? My, you're giving me too much credit. I suppose then you're another one of those blowhards that whine about the inequities of the seniority based bidding system since I am able to hold Europe type flying. If not, like I told the other guy, my deepest apologies for a run of the mill statement about why I was going to be off line. Perhaps it bothered you so much because you're never going to see Europe as a UAL pilot? Any pilot?

Mugs said:

They certainly have been a factor at UAL in the past. You would have fit right in.

Ok so which is it? Above you said I am correct about the attitude problems, yet now you say they are a factor in the past. One only has to look at you and the others who participated in your circle jerk about TED here to realize that, like I have heard (and you now admit), are still in full force and in complete denial at UAL.

As far as fitting in, sorry I'm not Brain Surgeon material. Besides, when I was hired I was flying high performance equipment and had the other dubious distinction of being a white male. Obviously this was in contravention to UAL's hiring practices. Come to think of it, perhaps that is why you have such a huge chip on your shoulder.

I used the word "was" since I believe the days for UAL hiring are long gone. At least in our lifetime. OK, you can take that as an official jab. Incidentally any truth to the rumors of another furlough being announced soon?

Mugs said:

LOL. No, that’s OK BM! You do a much better job sticking your nose up in the air. I've got enough socked away if UAL tanks. But yes, you will still be much better off than I --- I know how important it is for you to be able to say that. Are you going to remind us again about what a business tycoon you are now? Or maybe you can tell us about taking the sideshow to Europe and paling around with Bethune.

Ah Mugs, you're so transparent. But with every post you’re being colored with a darker shade of green.

Enough socked away? Sure, sure you do. And you're right, sight unseen I am much better off. The sense of living in reality about this industry for one. Tycoon? LOL hardly, but I am sure compared to you yes, absolutely. As far as reminding, I think the only other one on this forum I outright reminded was another delusional gentleman who right now is living in exactly the world I warned him about. The subject only came up with his, like yours, lame attempt to try and brow beat me on our substandard contract and or past BK history. You, like he, made an obvious yet so flimsy assumption that I am a guy living paycheck to paycheck worrying about the future of my carrier.
One has to wonder where those assumptions originate from. For you, I’ll bet right from the mirror you view every morning.

Paling around with Bethune? Talking with him once this your interpretation? Well, I can see that your delusion spreads far beyond your current state of affairs at your carrier.

Mugs said:

Oh, what a terrible thing that would be. Flying a Citation is so far below the life and style of the sideshow airline pilot.

Not at all sport. In fact we are still looking at purchasing an older II series (hardly what a tycoon will fly). Now I know it isn't as fancy as the 560 but ya know it's a money thing. Gee, maybe I don't have enough "socked away" for a rainy day jet purchase. LOL.

Mugs said:

Can't buy the BMW doing that now can we?

BMW? Is this another one of your fantasies or are you just putting words in my mouth? But let's set the record straight, The only German cars I usually purchase are Mercedes. Better ride, quality and style for me. Actually I do have another brand of German engineering in the hanger but I wouldn't want to "stick my nose up in the air" and tell you what it is.

Mugs said:

Plenty of pilots fly business jets for a living and are proud of it. I'm sure they would appreciate your take on it as being "stuck."

Yes true. But you have (naturally) taken the "stuck" out of context. Of course it fits perfectly with your limp wristed mantra of trying twist everything I say. No matter. Point was, there are very few business jet jobs that offer the same type of benefits and pay as an airline pilot. It was a reference to never going back the the UAL lifestyle. I am sorry that you were too dim witted to pick up on that.

Besides P3 was one of the lucky ones. By the time you get furloughed and or UAL tanks, the few and far aviation jobs will have since dried up.

Mugs said:

I don't have any problem with your position that UAL won't make it. I believe that is possible and the vast majority of the guys on the line believe it too.

Oh I disagree with that entirely. You sound scared to death that UAL may collapse. No worries though, I think now you probably have enough flight time you don't need to have your career jumpstarted by discriminatory hiring practices.

Mugs said:

However, rarely do you back it up with factual information the way a professional analyst would.

No, you just like to ignore an opinion. Since when does one opinion here need some hard facts. You take a lot of obvious indicators and form an opinion. Which by the way is shared with many looking at your company from the outside. You are just too scared to admit or see it. I have been in this industry a long time Mugsy, sometime you just don't need cold hard facts to see what has been repeated so often before. You're forgetting that I have the advantage of looking in from the outside without worrying about my own airline future. Trust me, it does put things in an entirely different light.

Mugs said:

Sorry, talking to Gordon, like talking to Tilton, doesn't count as evidence either way.

I never said it did. But you seem to think so after whimpering about it.

Mugs said:

If you could make a fact based argument without tossing in the jabs, I would respect your opinion. Instead, you toss around the same type of superiority complex that you single out United for. Like I said, in that case you would have fit right in.

Jabs? You're like the pot calling the kettle black. If you think an opinion is a jab, your skin thickness is in question. And some of us who have been around clearly remember UAL pilot’s attitude toward other ALPA pilots. Again I ask Mr. Brain Surgeon.... can you tell all of us where you boys and girls earned that nickname?

And I could care less if you don't respect my opinion. when reality bites you in the backside you might, but I'll bet would never admit it.

Mugs said:
All that attitude and you have seen BK twice. Amazing.

Mugs look at the bright side. You'll see BK twice as well. 11 and a 7. Then I’ll get to make continued and sometime thinly veiled references just like you.

Last edited:
Coincidence

Mr.Aviation said:
Bye-bye United Airlines...may it rest in peace!!

Yes, it appears that Ted is "the end" of United, pun intended.

Sorry AKAAB, beat ya to it!

See ya.

Song

No I mean the line in a real song from the eighties "I want to be a Cowboy" by Boys Don't Cry

"My name is Ted, and one day I'll be dead, yoyoyo..."

Made ya smile didn't I?;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back