• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Taking the high road - SWATRAN debate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Debating on here is like wrestling a pig. You just get dirty, and besides the pig likes it.

Neither side benefits from any of this FI banter. Neither side is convincing the other side to reconsider their stance. SWA pilots, just let SWA and SWAPA handle this with dignity. I have to agree with Kharma's hypothetical post. I'm a little ashamed to read some of the crap on here.

Airtran guys, best of luck to you, sincerely. The only difference between your posts and the SWA pilots is that yours may actually inflict harm on the AT pilot group, where as ours just make us look bad. Do not even for one second think that SWA isn't aware of how you feel. And consider Kharma's wisdom in the above quote. What do you think Gary thinks of your attitude about all of this? How will it shape his actions going forward?

Why don't we all just step away from the public debate? To my SWA brothers, please, step away. What would change if no one discussed this on FI/public forums? Nothing except for sparing the dignity of both sides.

Thanks.

ElCid

I'm an Airtran guy and that's why I don't post. I wish my AT boys would just shut up, buy not likely.

Nice Elcid

I have wanted to post many times in the last couple of months, but have stopped myself for many of the reasons you mentioned here. I am thankful for the quiet confidence of our SWAPA Negotiating Team.
I haven't stopped coming here though because once you put On Your Six and General Lee on your ignore list, you are left with opinions (good or bad) of your current and future co-workers. It had been interesting to listen to, and by reading posts from the same individuals over time, you realize there is room for debate and compromise.
Fingers crossed for the rest of the week:)

FI is for entertainment value only. If ya really add up the number of guys with a dog in the fight that post, it comes out to a max of 30 or so. Forums always attract the radicals. On the pprune nearly everyone hated the last contract and it passed 80%+.
Once we do get an SLI out to the membership to vote my guess is the usual players will screw themselves into the ceiling with the pot stirring guys going nuts.
THEN the normal come to work to a good job and go home crowd will vote it in. Then we can get on with the business at hand putting the hammer to ATL.

I knew there were cooler heads around here. Hopefully something can get hashed out here in the next couple of weeks and we can start the process of kicking ass in the airline industry.

Hey Trannies the news just keep getting better!!

Fee-Waived Travel on AirTran Begins Monday, July 18

Check your memos on swalife.com

I'm sorry if this is bad news for some of you, this is great news, at least for me.

:cartman:

Last edited:
Well, Elcid had the high road for a whole 18 minutes. Then the pig showed up. I think most of us appreciate the effort though.

Latest resources

Back