• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Take a Vote: Go or Stay

• Go

Votes: 78 83.0%
  • Stay

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters
Mr. Irrelevant said:
As Shamrock said, unless you have a type for the 200, that is unloggable time. You need to be appropriately rated for the aircraft to log PIC. That means a type rating. Based on the logic you seem to be using, there is no reason you couldn't log "sole manipulator" time in the 350. See what I'm getting at? If no type, no PIC in either the 200 or 250. 61.51 should cover it.

Mr. I.

The B200 doesn't require a type; less than 12,500#. He can log any time as PIC as long as he has the high-altitude/pressurized airplane endorsement and is current in multi-engine airplanes.

C

flyifrvfr said:
Tell them to type you or you will quit. The job sucks anyway so what do you have to lose if they say no.

I like this suggestion best. It's a good way to put pressure on 'em. I wouldn't offer to quit, though. Fleabags like this should have to fire you, if they don't like it.

BTW, flyifrvfr, didn't your avatar get banned? Something about that dude not liking the attention he was getting here??? Bad dawg! :)

C

PS: I laugh every time I see that avatar...

The ? that I was bringing up, was can you log sole-manipulator in the 350? THE 200 DOES NOT REQUIRE A TYPE. The 350 does. Do you see the difference.? You don't need a type to log any time in the 200.
Thanks for trying though.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
As Shamrock said, unless you have a type for the 200, that is unloggable time. You need to be appropriately rated for the aircraft to log PIC. That means a type rating. Based on the logic you seem to be using, there is no reason you couldn't log "sole manipulator" time in the 350. See what I'm getting at? If no type, no PIC in either the 200 or 250. 61.51 should cover it.

Mr. I.

flyifrvfr said:
Tell them to type you or you will quit. The job sucks anyway so what do you have to lose if they say no.

Corona said:
I like this suggestion best. It's a good way to put pressure on 'em. I wouldn't offer to quit, though. Fleabags like this should have to fire you, if they don't like it.

easy for you to say....it's not your job! it will not put pressure on anyone as needy young pilots are a dime a dozen. they will just laugh and say don't let the door hit you on the way out.:)

Last edited:
It won't affect them in that sense. They just 1099 me. So, I'm not really even an "employee"

Corona said:

BTW, flyifrvfr, didn't your avatar get banned? Something about that dude not liking the attention he was getting here??? Bad dawg! :)

C

PS: I laugh every time I see that avatar...

F16fixer said:
The chief pilot is giving you a hard time about wanting to quit and doesn't like the idea

That's the chief pilot's job. If they don't say that when you leave, it's a good sign the planes will be repossesed within 24 hours.

If I remember correctly, the King Air 350 is not certified single pilot. An SIC is required. I think that is why I got a phone call one time to sit in the right seat of a King Air 350. The operation was not 135 so it didn't require a checkride. All it required was a multiengine rating and an instrument rating.

Vespa said:
If I remember correctly, the King Air 350 is not certified single pilot. An SIC is required. I think that is why I got a phone call one time to sit in the right seat of a King Air 350. The operation was not 135 so it didn't require a checkride. All it required was a multiengine rating and an instrument rating.

you can get a rating no sic req'd or a rating sic req'd ....your choice at time of checkride:)

Actually, you are right semperfido! I was mistaken. I think that the passengers life insurence company required all aircraft in which he traveled have two pilots.

Vespa said:

The 350 is certified for single pilot ops. It might have been that the company you work for requires a 2 pilot crew.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back