• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Take a Vote: Go or Stay

• Go

Votes: 78 83.0%
  • Stay

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters
you're right on the money there. I told him to fail his type ride ,so there would be a restriction of some kind that required an SIC. He said no! Can you believe that?

The 350 is like the 200 in that it can be single pilot certified. The reason most companies require 2 pilots is the safety margin increaces and the insurance premium drastically decreaces. Stay there until they get rid of the 200, if they are not willing to give you a type, give them your walking papers. You should be competitive with all your 200 time plus virtually every FBO in the country has 200 operators. SIC in part 91 is dicey, not everybody excepts it. I put it on my resume since the king airs I flew were run as a 2 pilot operation not a seat warmer gig. When I interviewed elsewhere I was asked about the sic time and explained it as such. Got the job.

Last edited:
I guess I should clarify that the reason I was thinking of sticking around was so I could learn more. I'm not sure if there is a big difference in the 350 vs the 200 skills wise. Then I could put something on the resume that showed that I had 200 hrs of unlogged 350 time or some thing like that. Just an idea.

keep the job until you find something better. it is always easier to find a job when you have a job :)

ps: log all time you are in the cockpit as a crewmember. forget putting something called unloggable time on a resume. just log it as sic time.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Yeah my gut feeling is being reassured as I read these posts.
I'll start looking tomorrow.
semperfido said:
keep the job until you find something better. it is always easier to find a job when you have a job :)

They are willing to send me to SIC school, but that doesn't make it legal from what I understand. There is no such thing as SICunder part 91(king air 350) unless the type has a restriction on it.

F16fixer said:
There is no such thing as SICunder part 91(king air 350) unless the type has a restriction on it.

This was the point I was trying to make. The same is true in the 200. Are you logging SIC in it? IMHO, that sole manipulator PIC time seems iffy at best.

Get out as soon as you can and start getting time that isn't questionable.

F16fixer said:
They are willing to send me to SIC school, but that doesn't make it legal from what I understand. There is no such thing as SICunder part 91(king air 350) unless the type has a restriction on it.

take whatever you can get. :)

As Shamrock said, unless you have a type for the 200, that is unloggable time. You need to be appropriately rated for the aircraft to log PIC. That means a type rating. Based on the logic you seem to be using, there is no reason you couldn't log "sole manipulator" time in the 350. See what I'm getting at? If no type, no PIC in either the 200 or 250. 61.51 should cover it.

Mr. I.

I hear ya. I feel the past 6 months though in the 200, have made me a better pilot. There is two groups out there. Ones who think that sole-manipulator time is credible and ones who wouldn't touch it. I see where both are coming from, but it is legal and sometimes a guy doesn't have many breaks so he takes whatever multi-time he can get.

shamrock said:
IMHO, that sole manipulator PIC time seems iffy at best.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back