• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree a voting no gives you a good shot at a long term job at SKY/ASA/AirW or who ever it may be. In MSP or DTW. A yes vote turns it into "Horizon", (except less pay) long upgrade 10+ years, small company.. No movement... Horizon is great but the never droped 60% off there list...

!

Not saying much. They lost more than 50% in the preceding 4-5 months. It just gained the 6 bucks back it lost.

Sweet magic trick, cockerfield!

I like how you made the denigrate company disappear by exposing the legitimate one. Bravo.

Sweet magic trick, cockerfield!

I like how you made the denigrate company disappear by exposing the legitimate one. Bravo.

Not my point. Skywest is a far better airline. Gotta put more into your thought/comprehension process my man.

OK, I'm going to try to be diplomatic here: I am voting "no" on the PNCL TA because I believe that is the best vote for me. I agree that SkyWest is a much better company, and I wish they had been allowed to buy Mesaba rather than PNCL being told that they were going to buy us.

However, isn't it true that SkyWest does not have a pilot contract? Doesn't that mean that on any given day SkyWest management can just present their pilots with a concessionary deal, without any need to go into bankruptcy?

Please don't take offense, I have seen the light and wish I had jumped over to SkyWest years ago, during Mesaba's other bankruptcy. But how is SkyWest not the most vulnerable next player in Delta's race-to-the-bottom game?

Please spare me any talk of rock-solid ASAs with Delta. My eyes have been opened to the fact that no ASA is solid, and there are always ways around them.

On that last note, the next DCI to open a New York base is probably the next to get hit.

OK, I'm going to try to be diplomatic here: I am voting "no" on the PNCL TA because I believe that is the best vote for me. I agree that SkyWest is a much better company, and I wish they had been allowed to buy Mesaba rather than PNCL being told that they were going to buy us.

However, isn't it true that SkyWest does not have a pilot contract? Doesn't that mean that on any given day SkyWest management can just present their pilots with a concessionary deal, without any need to go into bankruptcy?

Please don't take offense, I have seen the light and wish I had jumped over to SkyWest years ago, during Mesaba's other bankruptcy. But how is SkyWest not the most vulnerable next player in Delta's race-to-the-bottom game?

Please spare me any talk of rock-solid ASAs with Delta. My eyes have been opened to the fact that no ASA is solid, and there are always ways around them.

On that last note, the next DCI to open a New York base is probably the next to get hit.

Skywest is not as vulnerable because they have a solid balance sheet, mostly long term profitable CPAs that can't be changed without consent, and are not remotely close to bankruptcy.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Skywest is not as vulnerable because they have a solid balance sheet, mostly long term profitable CPAs that can't be changed without consent, and are not remotely close to bankruptcy.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

The problem is the portfolio. Too many 50 seaters that are looking more and more unattractive to the legacies. The Brasilias also have limited time left until they go off to the likes of Great Lakes etc to be run for even cheaper. SkyWest saw the writing on the wall and like PNCL tried to consolidate to achieve mass, including legacy contracts. At the same time though, the legacies were trying to rid themselves of the gas guzzling 50 seaters, and the mainline pilots were looking to recapture flying in new contracts with the finally "healthy" legacies. It's a perfect storm. Legacies (except AA but that will change with a merger) make more money so no scope changes available through BK, new fatigue and hiring rules, and high gas to prevent starting an "independent" airline. Also, acquiring Xpressjet did give the company mass, but also gave them tons of 50 seaters. Yes, some can be replaced with new 76 seaters for UAL, but many more will have to be parked. Luckily for the pilots, all 3 legacies will be hiring big time within the next 5 years. Good timing.

SkyWest is probably the strongest Regional out there, that is true. But their large amount of 50 seaters and E120s does not make it immune from the whims of mainline CEOs. They are calling the shots, and mainline pilots are willing to recapture some of the flying they lost in the last decade, as seen in both new contracts at DL and UAL.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You guys sit here and blame everyone but yourselves! How many of you have sent a ********************k you message to RA? Thats the ********************ker that deserves the race to the bottom messages not the guys making 30 bucks an hour! You play right into the hands of the one percenters! Send RA your messages and quit blaming each other about what alpa and delta are doing to this career! Think about it! General Fucck head and RA want your lives on the unemployment line and you sit here and blame each other about who is at fault.

The problem is the portfolio. Too many 50 seaters that are looking more and more unattractive to the legacies. The Brasilias also have limited time left until they go off to the likes of Great Lakes etc to be run for even cheaper. SkyWest saw the writing on the wall and like PNCL tried to consolidate to achieve mass, including legacy contracts. At the same time though, the legacies were trying to rid themselves of the gas guzzling 50 seaters, and the mainline pilots were looking to recapture flying in new contracts with the finally "healthy" legacies. It's a perfect storm.

The older frames are getting pretty close to running out of time anyhow. The old airframes that SkyWest has purchased or leased in the last few years are meant as a lower-rate stop-gap, not as an all-out solution. It's really not much different than the model that Allegiant's been using for a while now.

The next generation of airplanes are the solution, but until then...

Legacies (except AA but that will change with a merger) make more money so no scope changes available through BK, new fatigue and hiring rules, and high gas to prevent starting an "independent" airline.

Since more than likely, US/AA is going to be a hostile takeover type situation, I have a feeling that there's going to be a long while before anything regarding scope is achieved. Hell, the world's still waiting on HP/US.

Also, acquiring Xpressjet did give the company mass, but also gave them tons of 50 seaters. Yes, some can be replaced with new 76 seaters for UAL, but many more will have to be parked. Luckily for the pilots, all 3 legacies will be hiring big time within the next 5 years. Good timing.

The movement of pilots, and retirement of airplanes will have overall no ill effects on SKYW's health. In effect, one can view the upcoming issue as trimming fat and maximizing income without having to declare bankruptcy.

SkyWest is probably the strongest Regional out there, that is true. But their large amount of 50 seaters and E120s does not make it immune from the whims of mainline CEOs. They are calling the shots, and mainline pilots are willing to recapture some of the flying they lost in the last decade, as seen in both new contracts at DL and UAL.

Immune from? No. A lot of leverage against? Yes. You'll see DL going after the Republic Clan and GoJets before they take on the SKYW juggernaut.

The undersigned employees of ____________________________________ (employer name) do not want to be represented by ____________________________________ (union name).
Should the undersigned employees make up 30% or more (and less than 50%) of the bargaining unit represented by ____________________________________ (union name), the undersigned employees hereby petition the National Labor Relations Board to hold a decertification election to determine whether a majority of employees no longer wish to be represented by this union.
Should the undersigned employees make up 50% or more of the bargaining unit represented by ____________________________________ (union name), the undersigned employees hereby request that ____________________________________ (employer name) withdraw recognition from this union immediately, as it does not enjoy the support of a majority of employees in the bargaining unit.
Signature
Name (Print)
Date

This gives 2% pay back!!! If these guys had your best intrest in mind where is DALPA! The same Union right? DALPA and regional alpa are 2 different unions that claim to support both sides. Argue all you want about who is selling out who and this is the ONLY 2 Answers that are reality!

Latest resources

Back