• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you really think I would give you the names? Really? I didn't make any of that up, and I have brought this same topic up before, which should mean to you that it probably is true. Yes, I do have friends outside of my airline, and no, I don't have to tell you the names. These guys made a mistake, and hopefully they will have the chance again if a flow up happens again. I think they may take my advice next time.

As far as "I'm better than you posts", I do not do that. I give my opinion and advice on what people may or might not want to do. Nobody has to take any advice, which is fine with me. Whatever.... Bye now, continue to be miserable.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Sorry you have mistaken me having fun for being miserable.

This thread is a riot to me. I've been messing with you the whole time. Who the hell takes crap on here seriously? (Probably anyone over 10,000 posts I guess)

You clearly got caught up in your own made up story.

Of course I didn't expect you to tell me names. I knew all along you made this conversation up. I started by making fun of your "why don't you fly the big planes post" but then you had to go and make up stories about XJ people.

By the way, interesting logic;
"I didn't make any of that up, and I have brought this same topic up before, which should mean to you that it probably is true?"

Jesus, listen to yourself. Probably is true????? My 5 year old has more sound logic than this.

But you should take comfort in the fact if they are offered a flow again, they most likely will take the flow. (Can't wait till you post about how it was your advice they listened too.)

But you're such good friends so you already knew that!!!!!

HA HA
This has been fun

BYE BYE

Last edited:
Sorry you have mistaken me having fun for being miserable.

This thread is a riot to me. I've been messing with you the whole time. Who the hell takes crap on here seriously? (Probably anyone over 10,000 posts I guess)

You clearly got caught up in your own made up story.

Of course I didn't expect you to tell me names. I knew all along you made this conversation up. I started by making fun of your "why don't you fly the big planes post" but then you had to go and make up stories about XJ people.

By the way, interesting logic;y
"I didn't make any of that up, and I have brought this same topic up before, which should mean to you that it probably is true?"

Jesus, listen to yourself. Probably is true????? My 5 year old has more sound logic than this.

But you should take comfort in the fact if they are offered a flow again, they most likely will take the flow. (Can't wait till you post about how it was your advice they listened too.)

But you're such good friends so you already knew that!!!!!

HA HA
This has been fun

BYE BYE

You're having fun? I bet you're not. Your life is a mess. And I guess there aren't any Mesaba guys that didn't take the flow up and are now sorry that they didn't.......riiiiight. How could anyone know someone like that? They don't exist according to you. All of you guys are ecstatic! After reading your dumb posts, I think your 5 year old has a better chance getting hired at a legacy than you do. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
"..........double post

Last edited:
Right. Of course I still talk to them, and they would be flying mostly domestic while I still see the World. So, when are you going to get into your Mitsubishi jet? Excited? I bet you are. Has that thing flown yet? Good luck with that.... I bet you already know you'd never be hired by a legacy, any of them. Enjoy that MRJ sometime next decade....

Bye Bye---General Lee
Genny,
Seeing the world? Your mom finally let you put Google Earth on her computer so you can "see the world"? Unlike you,I do not equate airframe size to anything except money, but you continue to think that your myopic view of the industry is supreme. MRJ, when it arrives, I hope to be long gone, somewhere more interesting, again if I wanted to be hired by DAL, it wouldn't be much of a problem, but once again, you make the assumption that everybody wants do do what you are doing, news flash, nothing DAL does interests me, so couple that with the possibility of being stuck in a plane with a mouth breathing, booger eater like you, would make me want to be a lav dumper.
I have spent many hours jumpseating around this country, and non-reving around the world and have decided that I am simply not interested. So there, your wet dream is my nightmare.
So by all means keep talking down to us lowly regional pukes, when your MEC sells scope for a shiny bauble I will fly whatever airframe interests me, and when you downgrade because your company decides that it's cheaper to pay me, I will come to work until I choose to do something else.
PBR
P.S. seems we both started F/I in 2002, me in Mar, and you in Aug, you have 16K posts and I have 2.4K, I think I spend way too much time here, you are well.....

Genny,
Seeing the world? Your mom finally let you put Google Earth on her computer so you can "see the world"? Unlike you,I do not equate airframe size to anything except money, but you continue to think that your myopic view of the industry is supreme. MRJ, when it arrives, I hope to be long gone, somewhere more interesting, again if I wanted to be hired by DAL, it wouldn't be much of a problem, but once again, you make the assumption that everybody wants do do what you are doing, news flash, nothing DAL does interests me, so couple that with the possibility of being stuck in a plane with a mouth breathing, booger eater like you, would make me want to be a lav dumper.
I have spent many hours jumpseating around this country, and non-reving around the world and have decided that I am simply not interested. So there, your wet dream is my nightmare.
So by all means keep talking down to us lowly regional pukes, when your MEC sells scope for a shiny bauble I will fly whatever airframe interests me, and when you downgrade because your company decides that it's cheaper to pay me, I will come to work until I choose to do something else.
PBR

Sorry PBR, the tide is finally turning. Even management has seen enough RJs, and now they are giving us planes to take back previous DCI routes (with 717s), and dumping your 50 seaters. The same will happen at other legacies, too. Quit blaming mainline pilots for all your problems too. Guess what? Management thinks you are too expensive. How wil you change THEIR minds? They will continue to give out flying to the lowest bidder, while mainline contracts start paying out higher wages. Your part of the industry is shrinking, while mainlines are growing again. Most people would prefer that, being able to climb the ladder and ending up in a mainline jet with better pay and benefits. Not you. You have something maybe that makes you unmarketable? You maybe got seniority early on and can't give up the left seat to be an FO again? Whatever the reason, it is your choice to stay at the shrinking regionals. You may be at one of the largest regionals, but as you have seen, regional contracts come and go quick, and in your part of the industry, the lowest bidder wins. Throw in stronger scope (ratios ensuring less DCI Flying and more mainline), and the smaller probability of mainline BK due to consolidation and new bag fees with huge profits, scope is unlikely to change in YOUR direction. Each contract will get tighter scope, and it appears management is fine with that so far. Go ahead, jumpseat around the world, that sounds lonely. It's your choice, enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Sorry PBR, the tide is finally turning. Even management has seen enough RJs, and now they are giving us planes to take back previous DCI routes (with 717s), and dumping your 50 seaters. The same will happen at other legacies, too. Quit blaming mainline pilots for all your problems too. Guess what? Management thinks you are too expensive. How wil you change THEIR minds? They will continue to give out flying to the lowest bidder, while mainline contracts start paying out higher wages. Your part of the industry is shrinking, while mainlines are growing again. Most people would prefer that, being able to climb the ladder and ending up in a mainline jet with better pay and benefits. Not you. You have something maybe that makes you unmarketable? You maybe got seniority early on and can't give up the left seat to be an FO again? Whatever the reason, it is your choice to stay at the shrinking regionals. You may be at one of the largest regionals, but as you have seen, regional contracts come and go quick, and in your part of the industry, the lowest bidder wins. It's your choice, enjoy it. Don't blame mainline.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Struck a nerve huh?
You and you ilk let the regional cat out of the bag, oh well, it is what is. You do not understand basic Econ 101, you work in an industry where profits are measured in single digits. Do you really think that you are smarter than all the CEO that run this industry like their own personal ATM?
During the stewardship of your generation the regional model has more than doubled the seat limit. When I started the 19 seater was the norm and the 30 seat turboprop was the big iron. Today the 70 seat CRJ is the norm and the 90 seat CRJ is the big iron. So in 15 short years you "Legacy" masters of the universe have repeatedly pulled your pants down to your ankles and let the CEOs have their way with you.
In fact the only airline pilots who showed any huevos were the Comair guys, that's right, regional guys and we saw where it took them. I will to this day buy any Comair guy all the beer they can drink. So forgive me if I am not nearly as impressed with you! as you are.
Management will give you a little taste, most likely to attract the next generation of fools into this industry. Then they will scare all the big legacy pilots with another BK, and to protect your precious way of life will sign off on the next scope increase, insuring that the next generation of regional pilots will be flying CRJ-C series 100 seater into the future at subpar wages.
Hit the reset button until unmanned airliners are a reality. Call me silly, but I see my job as ultimately more secure than yours will ever be, why you ask? I make 1/2 of what your 717 CA will make, and that makes your CEO very happy.
So while you look down your nose at us regional guys, realize I am flying your upgrade position, and ask how much has that has cost you over the course of your career....

Struck a nerve huh?
You and you ilk let the regional cat out of the bag, oh well, it is what is. You do not understand basic Econ 101, you work in an industry where profits are measured in single digits. Do you really think that you are smarter than all the CEO that run this industry like their own personal ATM?
During the stewardship of your generation the regional model has more than doubled the seat limit. When I started the 19 seater was the norm and the 30 seat turboprop was the big iron. Today the 70 seat CRJ is the norm and the 90 seat CRJ is the big iron. So in 15 short years you "Legacy" masters of the universe have repeatedly pulled your pants down to your ankles and let the CEOs have their way with you.
In fact the only airline pilots who showed any huevos were the Comair guys, that's right, regional guys and we saw where it took them. I will to this day buy any Comair guy all the beer they can drink. So forgive me if I am not nearly as impressed with you! as you are.
Management will give you a little taste, most likely to attract the next generation of fools into this industry. Then they will scare all the big legacy pilots with another BK, and to protect your precious way of life will sign off on the next scope increase, insuring that the next generation of regional pilots will be flying CRJ-C series 100 seater into the future at subpar wages.
Hit the reset button until unmanned airliners are a reality. Call me silly, but I see my job as ultimately more secure than yours will ever be, why you ask? I make 1/2 of what your 717 CA will make, and that makes your CEO very happy.
So while you look down your nose at us regional guys, realize I am flying your upgrade position, and ask how much has that has cost you over the course of your career....

Your job more secure than a mainline job? Wow. That certainly isn't the current trend. Ya see, consolidation and those new fees (legacies have been making over $2 billion extra each year since they became the "norm". DL made an extra $2.5 billion last year on fees alone) point the legacies away from the only thing that allows scope changes--BK. With AA and US potentially merging, that will leave 3 large legacies, with more pricing power. A certain CEO I know wants that merger to happen, to take another competitor off the Internet screen. So, you are way off on the security point.

Your airline, otoh, has a quandary on it's hands. What to do? Go the Indy Air route and get nailed, or shrink with the wims of mainline CEOs? How many 50 seaters does your airline have? High gas makes those uneconomical. You know that too. What percentage of your fleet is made up of them? That is not good. The 70 and 76 seaters are prevalent, but their numbers, even future numbers, are less than the 50s, and airlines like DL are buying them themselves and then giving then out to the lowest bidder. That's not good for you. Now you have MRJs coming? Has it flown yet? Nope. I stated before I flew an FAA guy from HNL to Nagoya, and he told me some interesting stories about that bird. Good luck with that one!

I don't know why you stuck it out at your airline. It was great for you during the expansion days, but now it will turn around. Not only are your 50 seaters on the decline, but so are the props. Great Lakes will probably take your E120 routes eventually. (They cost less) Throw in new rest and fatigue rules coming up, which will hit your most popular trips (continuous duty overnights), and new hiring standards (800 or 1500 hours min), and your airline will be having major issues to deal with. Then throw in hundreds of your pilots leaving as thousands of spots open at the 3 big legacies, and your costs will skyrocket for new pilot training every 2 months for MRJ pilots. (Costly sims I am sure). Face it PBR, you have major headwinds coming up. Enjoy it, it's your choice I guess. Don't hope for scope Leniency, it just won't happen with the ultra profitable legacies coming up here. Sorry.

Also, I could have been a narrowbody Capt a few years ago. I stay on the widebody because I currently enjoy where I fly. I am also waiting for the plane I want to fly in the left seat (737), which will be heading our way at 3 new 739s per month starting next AUG. You never took my upgrade, but your upgrade is certainly not as stable as it once was. The way things are trending for your part of the industry, you may want to start looking for alternatives too. You never know who might be in trouble next. Welcome to the airline industry....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
but I see my job as ultimately more secure than yours will ever be,
You're delusional. Your job as a regional pilot is anything except secure. And comparing your job security to a Delta pilot? What dream world are you living in?

You're delusional. Your job as a regional pilot is anything except secure. And comparing your job security to a Delta pilot? What dream world are you living in?

How many DAL pilots have been furloughed in the last 10 years?

Latest resources

Back