• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

swatogether

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I get that Red. My point is: what if going thru bk proves to be what legacy pilots use as a springboard to retiring multimillionaires? Having shed the debt and with what looks like insane profits ahead, some version of that could happen.

And I agree 401ks have pensions beat, for now. What if 401ks were abandoned by one of our competitors to undercut both of us? You going to be cheering them on? You guys were running around ripping everyone's nuts off, now you're crying foul when someone might rip yours off.
I don't think anyone is crying foul, however what an absolute tragedy has occurred. The legacies have made it acceptable if not required to screw their creditors and rape their employees in order move ahead.

Their is no conciliation prize for competing admirably and not using bankruptcy in order to hit the reset button reneging on promises made to employees and creditors.

What a sad state a of affairs when playing by the rules nets nothing but a higher cost structure than those that have used bankruptcy to force wage and benefit reductions not to mention the hardships placed on creditors who through no fault of their own are forced to accept pennies on the dollar for dollars lent with a fair expectation of repayment.

The really sad part is you seem to be celebrating the fact that legacies have used bankruptcy as a "springboard" for competing on, at one time, used to be a level playing field. I am quite sure you will be ecstatic when and if Southwest drags their employees and creditors through the proverbial mud in order to compete with the others that went down that road before them. But here's a little nugget for you, even after BK resets SWA still maintains a CASM advantage over every legacy while maintaining close to industry leading compensation packages for every employee group. If SWA is forced into bankruptcy proceedings they will again be poised to kick legacy ass but will have been forced to screw their employees to do so.

What point are you trying to make fckstik?

Are you upset cuz I never whored myself out by working for some broke d#ck operator like Mesa/freedom/gojet?

How many SCABs were on the list before you finally punched out?

Thank gawd you never had to torture yourselves with pulling gear pins after you crossed the picket line to get to work for a nickel ninety eight an hour.

Are you really that big of a dousche bag? Don't forget LUV'S beginnings.

What point are you trying to make fckstik?

Are you upset cuz I never whored myself out by working for some broke d#ck operator like Mesa/freedom/gojet?

How many SCABs were on the list before you finally punched out?

Thank gawd you never had to torture yourselves with pulling gear pins after you crossed the picket line to get to work for a nickel ninety eight an hour.

I'm not upset about anything. Just found it entertaining to see a SWA pilot tell other pilots to "evolve or die." Coming from a company that is only playing catch up to the rest of the industry, because of the motto, "that's the way we have always done it." Hell, the 737 never evolved because Boeing's biggest customer wouldn't allow them to "evolve."

If Henry Ford had the same mentality we'd all be driving a model T. They worked just fine. Got you from point A to B.

Yay, air tran pilots bashing swa

What a surprise

Yawn....

Zzz

The really sad part is you seem to be celebrating the fact that legacies have used bankruptcy as a "springboard" for competing on, at one time, used to be a level playing field. I am quite sure you will be ecstatic when and if Southwest drags their employees and creditors through the proverbial mud in order to compete with the others that went down that road before them. But here's a little nugget for you, even after BK resets SWA still maintains a CASM advantage over every legacy while maintaining close to industry leading compensation packages for every employee group. If SWA is forced into bankruptcy proceedings they will again be poised to kick legacy ass but will have been forced to screw their employees to do so.

I don't think you'll go to bk; I don't wish that on you. I've said often I wouldn't want the worst things to happen to SWA. However, just because it's SWA that *might* be facing some adversity doesn't mean the whole world has to hit the panic button. Put your big boy pants on Howie. You guys might have to go back to 50% of legacy pay scale, or forfeit that nice 401K, or whatever it takes to make SWA a winner. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you guys, you [swa] worked your first 20+ years doing that.

I don't think you'll go to bk; I don't wish that on you. I've said often I wouldn't want the worst things to happen to SWA. However, just because it's SWA that *might* be facing some adversity doesn't mean the whole world has to hit the panic button. Put your big boy pants on Howie. You guys might have to go back to 50% of legacy pay scale, or forfeit that nice 401K, or whatever it takes to make SWA a winner. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you guys, you [swa] worked your first 20+ years doing that.

You know, for someone who keeps insisting that he "doesn't wish" BK or other bad things on SWA, you sure seem to wish an awful lot of bad things on SWA.

Why would you think that "[us] guys might have to go back to 50% of legacy pay scale, or forfeit that nice 401k," or any other concession to keep Southwest healthy? (That would be at pay cut of at least half, by the way, along with a substantial loss of benefits.) Why would you even suggest any of those things about a pilot group in negotiations with a company that is not only making consistent profits, but actual record profits? Why?--other than your blind hatred of Southwest causing you to wish bad things on us, that is.

Bubba

P.S. By the way, for all you guys who keep talking about Southwest pilots taking pay cuts of giving other concessions (well, really I mean you and the General, Flop), I would like to point out that the company's opener isn't even asking for any concessions. Their opener is "flattish" on other contract points with cost of living increases in salary. Other than your hatred and the General's stupidity, I don't see how you guys keep seeing pay cuts and concessions.

P.S. By the way, for all you guys who keep talking about Southwest pilots taking pay cuts of giving other concessions (well, really I mean you and the General, Flop), I would like to point out that the company's opener isn't even asking for any concessions. Their opener is "flattish" on other contract points with cost of living increases in salary. Other than your hatred and the General's stupidity, I don't see how you guys keep seeing pay cuts and concessions.

Because even though none of what they say is based in reality, it's what keeps their wood up at night Bubba. Kind of like the hot supermodel you know you'll never get, but you can still dream. Right?

Why would you think that "[us] guys might have to go back to 50% of legacy pay scale, or forfeit that nice 401k," or any other concession to keep Southwest healthy? (That would be at pay cut of at least half, by the way, along with a substantial loss of benefits.) Why would you even suggest any of those things about a pilot group in negotiations with a company that is not only making consistent profits, but actual record profits? Why?--other than your blind hatred of Southwest causing you to wish bad things on us, that is.

Here's why Bubba: Give me your full attention on this, I don't want any confusion to linger. You listen up too Red. I do NOT think you'll actually go back to 50% of what a legacy pilot makes. Not this contract, or any future contract. But I do NOT think you should ever forget that is EXACTLY what you did to get SWA where it is!! You hear me!? For at least two decades (maybe three), legacy guys had to hold the line against your Sh!t pay and no pension. And they did a good job, until things bigger than anyone ever could have imagined changed our world. That's not "blind hatred", that is a fact. We were forced into bk. By corporate raiders, bad managers, Uncle Sam and an attack. YOU willingly went to work for an airline that wanted to dismantle our airlines and paid cents on the dollar wages.

You guys aren't even close to anything going wrong over there. But you're squealing like stuck pigs because things *might* slow down for you. You need to try and show some class, or professionalism or something. Idk the word really... Grow up!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back