SWAPA wins grievance with company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right PCL.

ALPA should have kept those threats secret from it's membership.

Good job!

Red, will SWAPA broadcast all the threats made during section six negotiations? For all of our sakes, I hope not. We'll end up with all kinds of code shares and preferential bidding because you'll all take the first offer.

BTW, I hope SWAPA is pushing for a 20 year f/o pay scale, you're going to need it.

Luv,

It was said on here many times that the AirTran MC should have made their BEST argument (and subsequent agreement) up front. It was basically going to be one good bite at the apple.

Was it good enough? Did they choke? In hindsight, it was better than offer number two, which we predicted. The pilots at SW understood that. Section 6 is a different animal. More a marathon than a sprint with no tight timelines like the integration.

Nice try at flame though.

Last edited:
Red, will SWAPA broadcast all the threats made during section six negotiations? For all of our sakes, I hope not. We'll end up with all kinds of code shares and preferential bidding because you'll all take the first offer.

Exactly.

That's right, we'll buckle our knees and bend over without lube....oh wait, PCL says that's your deal. What a great Rep!

The obvious problem here was management got involved with the SLI. Not a good decision. It should have gone straight to arbitration where it would have been done by neutrals. The Corndogs watched two previous mergers, and didn't want to follow how the only successful one went. Nope. Now there will be disloyalty for years, and we all know, even Howie, that's what happened. Don't play dumb Howie.... Now Red-liar, I can understand that...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The obvious problem here was management got involved with the SLI. Not a good decision. It should have gone straight to arbitration where it would have been done by neutrals. The Corndogs watched two previous mergers, and didn't want to follow how the only successful one went. Nope. Now there will be disloyalty for years, and we all know, even Howie, that's what happened. Don't play dumb Howie....

Bye Bye---General Lee

What does it matter to you Idiot?

You going to still be talking about it 5 years from now? 10? Should I be talking about the DL guys that got hosed prior to bankruptcy, or the Northwest guys that got moved down the list and screwed? Why would I care? I don't.

But you keep posting the same BS, year in and year because you have to feel important. Have at it.

Luv,

It was said on here many times that the AirTran MC should have made their BEST argument (and subsequent agreement) up front. It was basically going to be one good bite at the apple.

Was it good enough? Did they choke? In hindsight, it was better than offer number two, which we predicted. The pilots at SW understood that. Section 6 is a different animal. More a marathon than a sprint with no tight timelines like the integration.

Nice try at flame though.

You didn't answer the question. Will, or would you want, SWAPA to broadcast mgmt s threats during section 6 negotiations? For those of us that have dealt directly with mgmt. In different capacities, threats are par for the course. In fact, it's kind of fun to threaten mgmt. Catches them off guard. It's also kind of funny to pass on old threats of mgmt that never came to fruition because that's all they were, threats.

Sure, I'll pass them along. Haven't heard anything yet. They want PBS and codeshare. That isn't going to happen.

What can they threaten us with? Drag out negotiations? That doesn't really bother me. I say drag it out as the financials continue upward and onward.

You see difference between an SLI with a tight timeline and Section 6 while our profits are increasing? HUGE difference my friend.

Latest resources

Back