Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

humveedriver

M1165A1
I'm trying to figure out what the latest message from the SWAPA president is saying. Has any news trickled over to the AT side? Essentially it says SWA is going to maintain a 5.75 Captain to aircraft ratio. That any SWA FO who is senior to a FAT now SWA Captain will be pay protected. I gather there will be some front loading of OSW FOs to upgrade class. But honestly I can't tell what this means to the FATs after 1 Jan.

I think it just holds the ratio of CA upgrades that SWAPA expected with the 737 conversion. Since it recently became obvious that they would not make the conversion timeline, this was the resolution.

For FAT after Jan1? I see a front loading of CA on the SW side (as you said), then it's fair game after Jan 1 on who can hold it. When there's another CA vacancy.

The more I dwell on it. The more I think SWA just gave SWAPA a placebo to make them happy. It's totally possible that with expansion at DAL, HOU and now DCA, that SWA will do this by cutting service elsewhere. But I don't think it's likely. So maybe front loading won't be that much of a speed bump after all.

I'm trying to figure out what the latest message from the SWAPA president is saying.

He's just pulling a Steve Chase and bragging about "capturing" captain seats again. The company is going to front-load captain upgrades to make sure that none of our guys get the seats that the SWA FOs feel that they're entitled to. Another raping of the AirTran pilots. It's become routine by now.

He's just pulling a Steve Chase and bragging about "capturing" captain seats again. The company is going to front-load captain upgrades to make sure that none of our guys get the seats that the SWA FOs feel that they're entitled to. Another raping of the AirTran pilots. It's become routine by now.

File a grievance with ALPA.

Are they actually going to upgrade them and then have them sit in the right seat ? Or are they just paying bypass pay until the planes arrive ? The latter will mean that the seats will be open to all after 2015.

Are they actually going to upgrade them and then have them sit in the right seat ? Or are they just paying bypass pay until the planes arrive ? The latter will mean that the seats will be open to all after 2015.

It depends on how the company does with the transitioning (i.e. how many they can get done this year). And in any case, the seats will be open to all Jan 1, 2015. Every upgrade after that date is probably going to be a FAT guy for quite a while.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back