• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One thing you dont seem to understand is that FAPA has no say in which way Frontier goes, it is up to the bankruptcy judge, creditors, bidders, etc.

Yes, but if F9 goes with SWA without first securing scope relief from FAPA, then SWA is bound to the FAPA contract language.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if this does happen, I think SWA will just sell off Lynx to the highest bidder... Don't want to rain on the Lynx guys parade or anything. I don't have a dog in the fight really, just want to see it work out best for everyone involved.

Good luck

Maybe I'm crazy, but if this does happen, I think SWA will just sell off Lynx to the highest bidder... Don't want to rain on the Lynx guys parade or anything. I don't have a dog in the fight really, just want to see it work out best for everyone involved.

Good luck

Those routes compete directly with UAL & are lucrative routes. Without them, UAL has a monopoly on them. DEN-ASE was one of UAL's most profitable segments... Hence, the formation of Lynx

I guess we'll just have to wait until Tuesday...and probably longer for the M & A lawyers to get into the language before we can make any proclaimations on when/how any snapshot would be taken.

I researched the heck out of this, cause I wondered If i could perhaps get my sorry arse unfurloughed prior to a F9/RP/YX combo, bring a job to the integration, and thus beat out a few hundred furloughed folks for a number. But precedent just doesn't lie in that direction. The desire with establishing the date of the snapshot is to preempt any monkey business (ie suddenly recall all furloughees, start a hiring binge) by an airline trying to protect their own. We are where we are when the deal is presented. Period.

I researched the heck out of this, cause I wondered If i could perhaps get my sorry arse unfurloughed prior to a F9/RP/YX combo, bring a job to the integration, and thus beat out a few hundred furloughed folks for a number. But precedent just doesn't lie in that direction. The desire with establishing the date of the snapshot is to preempt any monkey business (ie suddenly recall all furloughees, start a hiring binge) by an airline trying to protect their own. We are where we are when the deal is presented. Period.

This will not go to arbitration - right?

Angr SWA Pilot? Just the opposite. I am all for SWA pilots. They should get a staple from F9. That is the only fair way. What makes you think I am not for SWA? You must have a lot of time on your hands if you are counting the number of posts I have. Don't worry about how many times I post. You should be worrying about whether your group is smart enough to take the offer SWA will give you.

How's that 10 bucks you spent on a new screen name working out for you sheardshaft?

ALPA fans are worked-up about two other unions working it out? Probably a big fan of when IACP became ALPA. We'll forgive you.

Last edited:
No way a Frontier Captain should lose his seat.

The reason SW wants Frontier is because Frontier has been kicking their ass in Denver.

What makes SW pilots so arrogant?

The deal won't get done without a fair seniority agreement.

Safety alone dictates that you keep experienced Captains in the left seat and prevent a windfall for SW first officers.

Why not just follow the law rather than always trying to find a legal loophole?

Maybe the Frontier pilots can be made training Captains in order to show the SW guys how to fly automated aircraft more efficiently and more safely.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back