SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are we talking about taking lynx pilots? No offense, but they are regional
airlines, right? We are adding regional guys with relatively low experience to SWAPA list??
If SWA buys Frontier Holdings then they get both Frontier and Lynx. It is better to have the Lynx pilots be SWAPA pilots than to allow SWA to operate an airline, even a small one, not flown by pilots that are on the SWAPA seniority list. As for not wanting regional guys at SWA about 1/2 of the pilots at SWA flew at regionals before coming to SWA, and many of those, including myself, flew nothing but turboprops.

I flew for two regionals myself but taking a FO from a prop and bring him/her to SWA makes no sense. Remember all the experience we had to get to fly for major/national?

Why are we talking about taking lynx pilots? No offense, but they are regional
airlines, right? We are adding regional guys with relatively low experience to SWAPA list??

As someone with CL65 in his profile, you should know better than to have a big ego about bringing regional guys on board. If the mainline carriers had fought for single lists in the '90s with their RJ pilots, we wouldn't have the massive mess that we do now in this industry. Those guys are airline pilots just like you are. Treat them like brothers.

I'm glad to see that SWAPA is pushing for a single list with everyone. It's an admirable position, and they should be commended.

I flew for two regionals myself but taking a FO from a prop and bring him/her to SWA makes no sense. Remember all the experience we had to get to fly for major/national?
A) most f/o's at lynx already have turbine pic and B), as a whole they have "more experience" as you put it than the average 1,500 hour f-16 guy/gal.

If a plane is going to be flown with SWA colors, then it needs to have SWA pilots. period. I think our union understands this. hopefully we've learned from the experiences of others.

Hmmm. Am i that crazy and egoistic?? I appreciate all the input on this Lynx subject. I dont think a 9E guy who just got on board with 250 hrs would expect to get hired at DAL just because DAL aquired NWA. What about all the SWA poolies with Capt time who went to get the type rating?? Is it wrong to think that they deserve it more?

Im not trying to offend the Lynx guys. Just expressing MY feelings and i respect yours.

Here is my concern as an F9 guy.

Lets say SWA prevails in the auction. SWA and F9 currently fly to 30 of the same cities from Denver. If SWA owns F9, they surely will not continue to operate all of those flights. Additionally, SWA was already planning on decreasing capacity by 5-6% this year alone.

If they are decreasing capacity system wide, and they want to decrease capacity in Denver, where are all of the F9 guys going to fly?

I am not against the SWA acquisition, but I fear that it will lead to a huge number of furloughs. SWAPA is saying that they want all of the FAPA guys on the list, but where will we be on that list and how many of us will remain active?

I'd suspect that F9 would be operated independent for some period of time. Hopefully this recession is over by then and SWA is back to growing. this probably won't be pretty no matter how it goes. even if SWA doesn't win and F9 goes to RAH. what do the chinese say, may you live in interesting times. not sure if it is supposed to be a curse or a blessing or both.

What about all the SWA poolies with Capt time who went to get the type rating?
that is a real problem. having spent 2 years 2 months in the SWA pool, I feel your pain. if the F9 deal does go through, I don't think there is any real way that SWAPA could put poolies above F9 pilots on some SLI but I'm just some idiot on flight info. call the people department, not that they'll have answers but they are nice to talk to and they'll tell you what they know and can. I truly hope that we keep the pool intact and that you guys get treated fairly, although I can't say what that is. Unfortunately, the union has 5915 pilots already on property to take care of first.

Latest resources

Back