SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A couple of things:

Carl said Lynx was part of the deal,a nd they would only be flown by SWA pilots.

Look for TA2 to be coming VERY soon. This will show everyone the leverage that SWAPA has.

There will be no arbitration.

What if you are at the bottom of F9's list, and in the pool here at SWA. There has to be someone on here in that position.

We are overstaffed by 200 pilots, and have 43 to many airframes. F9 has 50 something acft. You do the math.

I am at the bottom of the list. With more cuts on the horizon, you can bet that I won't vote for any agreement that would have 600 new pilots to be added to the list, and get furloughed in Jan.

In the end, we all want it to be a good deal for everyone, and we all have to protect our interests........I have to protect mine!

In the Swapa call yesterday, it was said that fences were discussed between SWAPA and FAPA, they didn't breach the seniority list issue.

Last edited:
I have two friends, yea I know hard to believe, who I have gone to the mat for that are in the pool. Guys who have worked hard and sacrificed greatly. I have asked before, where do the F9 guys see the furloughs and the poolies in all this? I can also tell you there are many poolies who are watching this conversation, just like f9's furloughs.

Hopefully they will come up with a good answer, but I believe that the active F9ers will go above the poolies. I believe the furloughed F9ers will be at the end. Now the question is what about the Lynx guys? Do they get a number above the poolies/furloughs? All tough questions to answer. Good luck to all involved.

Is it possible that there are Lynx guys that could go ahead of F9 guys if they are all stapled. If SWA buys the holding company then I would assume pilots from both groups will be stapled. Interesting? How would F9 guys feel if Lynx guys were ahead of them on the final staple?

Having asked the questions, you have people here, pilots and managment, who have friends/relatives who are in the pool and on the seniority list at F9. Do I think there might be a couple of newhire classes before the deal gets finished.......don't count it out!

Well being a lynx employee I'd happily take a staple even if it costs me my job in the short term.

nice. u could just keep living with the folks at home until you get recalled, huh.

if this works out for lynx then they become the luckiest, most undeserving pilot group in the history of manned flight.

Going from no union and ********************ty pay and work rules at a carrier that could go tits up to now part of southwest.

All those guys should start playing the lottery cuz you all don't have a clue how ridiculously lucky you are.

Im not jealous at all :)

I am not a pilot with SWA. The word WE was used in the heat of writing. I got involved and probably wished I was part of them.

'Heat of writing' ... You have got to be kidding me! Hahahahaha

Cometman, what gives?? So far you have have made 42 posts and all of them have been relating to the SWA/Frontier deal except one. You pretend to be an angry SWA pilot and have used the word 'staple' about 85 times in your combined posts??? Who are you and why are you trying to poison any possible deal (like you have any say in the matter of SLI)??

Last edited:
Had a jumpseater yesterday (Dal Capt) that said his Dom Rep told him that SWAPA got the People Dept to do a search in their computers and that they found 450 Apps on file from F9 pilots.

'Heat of writing' ... You have got to be kidding me! Hahahahaha

Cometman, what gives?? So far you have have made 42 posts and all of them have been relating to the SWA/Frontier deal except one. You pretend to be an angry SWA pilot and have used the word 'staple' about 85 times in your combined posts??? Who are you and why are you trying to poison any possible deal (like you have any say in the matter of SLI)??

Angr SWA Pilot? Just the opposite. I am all for SWA pilots. They should get a staple from F9. That is the only fair way. What makes you think I am not for SWA? You must have a lot of time on your hands if you are counting the number of posts I have. Don't worry about how many times I post. You should be worrying about whether your group is smart enough to take the offer SWA will give you.

Latest resources

Back