SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW,
Gary spoke to pilots at BWI yesterday. I asked a pilot who attended if Gary mentioned anything about Lynx. Gary said that Lynx will be a part of the acquisition. We have to take them to sweeten the deal. As far as the future of Lynx, he gave no definitive answer as to what we will do with them if we get the bid.

RB

Don't you think there are a lot of markets Swa doesn't serve with the 737 that could be opened up with the Q400? that's why it's so important to get Lynx in on the same pilot list and at the same pay-maybe Swa ends up liking the Q400 and it represents a lot of growth. After the last decade- it's a possibility that is worth the windfall this small group of pilots would be getting.

Lynx / SWA Mins

I am still not too thrilled about this Lynx stuff. We cannot let this slip under the radar. I do not want small planes under the SWA name....at the same time unless "we" SWAPA are flying them...for the same pay rates as the 737. If a 1st year guy at lynx is brought on board here they are getting a well over 100% increase in pay.....I am also curious how SWA mins are being considered in this whole mess. At lynx it looks like it is 1000 total and 100 Multi.....the insurance can't possible allow this....

Insurance? Really? C' mon

Not really sure what the mins are at Lynx. The "average" in my class was 5000 hrs+. It’s a good group of guys/gals. I must admit I'm happy to be associated with them. All have 121 experience or military, one is in the current SWA pool.

I understand the pensive pondering about a smaller plane, believe me.
I just hope to hell we have a job after this all shakes out. For me, flying for or being stapled to the SWA list would be like going from poverty to the penthouse in one day. Don't get me wrong, I love my job! But a chance to fly for SWA at this juncture is amazing.

Just my opinion....

..I am also curious how SWA mins are being considered in this whole mess. At lynx it looks like it is 1000 total and 100 Multi.....the insurance can't possible allow this....

Brother i would not be to concerned with that, the best pilots I have flown with are the mesaba and skyway pilots. I am sure lynx pilots would be the same.

Insurance? Really? C' mon

Not really sure what the mins are at Lynx. The "average" in my class was 5000 hrs+. It’s a good group of guys/gals. I must admit I'm happy to be associated with them. All have 121 experience or military, one is in the current SWA pool.

I understand the pensive pondering about a smaller plane, believe me.
I just hope to hell we have a job after this all shakes out. For me, flying for or being stapled to the SWA list would be like going from poverty to the penthouse in one day. Don't get me wrong, I love my job! But a chance to fly for SWA at this juncture is amazing.

Just my opinion....

Hopefully all the other pilots at F9 and Lynx think the same as you. It is a great opportunity that will only happen once in your life time. You are being honest. However, some people will say that you are being honest because you are with Lynx not F9. There is no difference, F9 is on life support right now.

I think T-Bone hit the Lynx feeling exactly on the head. We all know it would be a windfall beyond belief, and would be extremely grateful.

The bottom 2/3's of our FO list has all been hired during this economic downturn meaning pretty much all were prior 121 or military. I would guess average time in that bottom 2/3 is 4000+ it is at least 10% ex military, and many have significant turbine PIC.

I say this not to in any way imply that it wouldn't still be possibly the greatest windfall in the history of aviation just to assuage some fears that SWA would be be getting green pilots.

cale

Latest resources

Back