• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reddog- this can't be framed in remotely the same light as save Dave - it's not apples to oranges- that's apples to dog sh!t-
+1 to lynx and same pay rates.
Sorry- as much of a lottery ticket as it is for lynx- I agree- 100% we have to include them in the fold- it's that type of comparing and 'i had to do it so should they' 'i was so much more qualified' that led to every other major going down that route- it's a handful of pilots but is a strong message about our stance on outsourcing. That would also provide some furlough protection for the F9 guys.

Speaking of that- lack of growth during contract negotiations? I'm just more optimistic- MSP/ BOS/ LGA/ 'we never could have guessed' is how DEN grew so fast-DEN is still growing regardless of F9- we have to fight- but there's so much opportunity for SWA it's ridiculous.

Frontier guys should want to be a part of it.

Last edited:
Lynx

SWAPA may want the Lynx guys on the list with the same pay rates as the 737 but I suspect that Kelly is not planning on keeping Lynx around. Lynx is currently its own company with its own operating certificate and General Offices etc. It would be easy to spin them off. WN management will probably either exclude them in the F9 takeover agreement or is negotiating as we speak to sell them off to Skywest or Mesa or whatever. The Q400 is highly desirable these days and to have a turnkey operation is worth something....just not to WN. Operating commuter aircraft is not the LUV way....

If the Lynx pilots ended up with SW numbers they'd have to put a new picture next to "windfall" in the dictionary.

I flew for two regionals myself but taking a FO from a prop and bring him/her to SWA makes no sense. Remember all the experience we had to get to fly for major/national?
What I see SWA and SWAPA doing with Lynx is what PanAm did with PanAm Express. That is the pilots for Lynx would be SWAPA pilots with a SWA senority number, but would be restricted to Lynx flying for at least 4 years. But when they come up to SWA and the 737s they would come with their original senority number. Again this is what PanAm did with PanAm Express and it prevents management from having the two groups compete against each other, as American and Eagle do.

Ok Cometman, what gives, do you have multiple personalities or what bro...I just copied this from another thread in which you are trashing the F9 guys and say, "F9 does not derserve to jump over any SWA pilot. They are lucky to be offered a job. Let me say, I am not a pilot with SWA. I could only wish I had the same chance as F9 will have." Yet in this thread you claim "if we are taking both groups then it has to be a staple." :confused:

I am not a pilot with SWA. The word WE was used in the heat of writing. I got involved and probably wished I was part of them. It is good that you read the article that close because some articles you have to be careful when reading. Thanks for pointing that out. I will try and profread next time to make sure it doesn't happen again. However, as long as you got the point I was making.

No kiddin, I noticed that also. Also another thing cometman, we dont get to decide, ya got it? I want to go with SWA, I am happy with whatever they come up with but again we dont have a whole lot to say about it. how about giving it a rest?

I believe you will have a vote on whether you accept the deal from SWAPA. If SWA gets the bid and your union doesn't agree with SWAPA then the deal is off. So, in reality you do have a say. In fact if SWA wins you will be the deciding vote. You either agree or it is over.

Here is my concern as an F9 guy.

Lets say SWA prevails in the auction. SWA and F9 currently fly to 30 of the same cities from Denver. If SWA owns F9, they surely will not continue to operate all of those flights. Additionally, SWA was already planning on decreasing capacity by 5-6% this year alone.

If they are decreasing capacity system wide, and they want to decrease capacity in Denver, where are all of the F9 guys going to fly?

I am not against the SWA acquisition, but I fear that it will lead to a huge number of furloughs. SWAPA is saying that they want all of the FAPA guys on the list, but where will we be on that list and how many of us will remain active?

You have guys on the street now. You are in Chapter 11 and going to the auction blocks. Do you think SWA pilots should wind up out in the street?

I am not a pilot with SWA. The word WE was used in the heat of writing. I got involved and probably wished I was part of them. It is good that you read the article that close because some articles you have to be careful when reading. Thanks for pointing that out. I will try and profread next time to make sure it doesn't happen again. However, as long as you got the point I was making.

Congrats, you just earned the ignore function...GMAFB

Latest resources

Back