• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As someone with CL65 in his profile, you should know better than to have a big ego about bringing regional guys on board. If the mainline carriers had fought for single lists in the '90s with their RJ pilots, we wouldn't have the massive mess that we do now in this industry. Those guys are airline pilots just like you are. Treat them like brothers.

I'm glad to see that SWAPA is pushing for a single list with everyone. It's an admirable position, and they should be commended.

Thanks bro! I'd buy you a beer anytime.:beer:

What if you are at the bottom of F9's list, and in the pool here at SWA. There has to be someone on here in that position.

There is at lest one pilot I know of who is Furloughed F9 and a SWA poolie. There may be more.

SWAPA got the People Dept to do a search in their computers and that they found 450 Apps on file from F9 pilots.

LOL. Including mine!

There is at lest one pilot I know of who is Furloughed F9 and a SWA poolie.

How do you think he defines fair? Does anyone remember how the last 2 new hire classes came about? They were quickly thrown together made up of guys in the pool, and guys who had just interviewed during that short period of interviewing last year. Some of the guys in the pool couldn't get to class........so in the pool they remain.

You can draw your own conclusions, but who knows what is going to be the requirements by others to get on our seniority list. The definition of others is the ones not currently on it. Remember, there is no heavier burden than a lost opportunity.

Dick

I am still not too thrilled about this Lynx stuff. We cannot let this slip under the radar. I do not want small planes under the SWA name....at the same time unless "we" SWAPA are flying them...

I think you got it.

IMO, this deal is all about Lynx.

The rest is just smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
There is at lest one pilot I know of who is Furloughed F9 and a SWA poolie. There may be more.

Good point. Don't see how someone at the bottom of the f9 seniority list would be able to jump ahead of the same people on his list just because he's in the wn pool. Being in a pool doesn't = seniority.

Good point. Don't see how someone at the bottom of the f9 seniority list would be able to jump ahead of the same people on his list just because he's in the wn pool. Being in a pool doesn't = seniority.

If you have your type, have the conditional offer from the people department, they could end up senior to ALL of the F9 pilots, don't be so short sighted. All it takes is the results of the urinalysis and being offered a class. And of course showing up.

The point I'm trying to make is ANYTHING is possible. If I'm in the pool, I'd be keeping in touch with the PD so they know my status, where I'm at and doing. I'd also be telling them what my availability is.

Dick

Last edited:
That's a good question rich- they say 200 pilots and 43 airplanes too much? We don't fly airplanes with less than 5 pilots- just doesn't add up-I think Swa is staying fluid until this and the pilot contract are done.

Last edited:
question for swa pilots.

think the swa pool will be considered during all this?

thanks

I hope so but I won't lie, I see SWAPA's #1 job as preserving the careers of guys currently on the SWAPA list.

I think that 'throwing together some classes' probably is not going to happen, and if it did, they might end up junior to F9 guys if some kind of SLI takes place. we might lose the auction. We might structure it so that F9 operates separately. there are a lot of 'mights' still for any serious guessing.

I think that generally though, the cutoff for SLIs is usually when a deal is first announced. so if we end up winning an auction on Aug 17th and if there is some kind of agreement as to SLI, then any classes held in the fall would probably be junior to any F9 guys when they eventually integrate.

I know it sucks and I'd rather see organic growth. this merger/acquisition business is dirty and messy. but, I'm not Gary Kelly, so take my prognostications for what they are, WAGs. lots of ifs and probablys and maybes in there.

like anyone in any pool, I'd do my best to keep my current job and stay current in an aircraft and consider ALL your options. We flushed our FA pool a while back and the fact that we didn't flush the pilot pool at the same time is a good sign for me. I hope that our People dept realizes how much goes into just getting an interview here, much less getting the 'conditional offer' or "continue the process" whatever the lawyers are making the HR girls say these days.

good luck.

Latest resources

Back