• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one wants to shut anyone down. We want SWA to be bigger and stronger as one. Each AAI pilot has a life, so do everyone else who works there. The balance of finding a deal that works, needs to be kept in mind. Please AAI folks, do not let your leadership undermine the process with leaks and posting it here. It is in both sides interest to work this out in proper context.

The only option for a SWA pilot to not experience any harm to their career with this integration is for AAI pilots to take a hit with their seniority. The only option for SWA pilots to experience anything close to Fair and Equitable gains is for AAI pilots to take a further hit in seniority.

Unless your pilot group can offer anything more, that is all that Swapa has to work with. And Gary Kelly understands the importance of keeping this....equal.

Shut them down!

Well considering that Mr. Kelly is on The President's Council on jobs and competitiveness I don't think buying a competitor, firing all the employees and shutting them down is quite the kind of PR he would be looking for. Just a hunch. Relax, the MC's will get it all worked out in the end. Can't wait to join the SWA team!!! :)

From what I have read no SWA postings have leaked information in the deal. The SWA guys are negotiating in good faith, I wonder where the AAI guys are getting their information? Are the AAI leaks to inflame membership when the basic value of many people's livelihoods are on the table. Like it or not, this is serious business going on in Dallas. Swapa is working on a deal, AAI ??? Maybe not so much. The AAI leak does not give the context of the whole package, and that is unfair for everyone not to have the whole context. Like it or not SWA guys are not happy about this, or the leaks. They are also not happy a few AAI pilots are undercutting the process. The average SWA pilot has no cards to undermine the process, it is interesting that pcl is the good will killing machine between our two groups. An alpa rep who is unprofessional and irresponsible with the memberships interest. If in the end there is harm to the AAI pilot group from leaks, pin in on your leadership and individuals who didn't know how to act around big business. Sorry folks these are billion dollar deals, and child games are behind us. Like it or not the deal presented will take a lot of adjustment for both sides.

I'm not sure your argument holds much water.

SWAPA has insinuated from day 1 that they would see us on the unemeployment line if we didnt agree to their terms.

SWAPA has implied that they will not honor the spirit of the agreements
that they signed.

Whining about good faith now is hilarious and hypocritical.

Well considering that Mr. Kelly is on The President's Council on jobs and competitiveness I don't think buying a competitor, firing all the employees and shutting them down is quite the kind of PR he would be looking for. Just a hunch. Relax, the MC's will get it all worked out in the end. Can't wait to join the SWA team!!! :)

Not to mention making a good first impression on the citizens of what is soon to be your largest hub (ATL)

"Sorry we had to fire your neighbors that used to work at Airtran, but hey why don't you fly on us?"

Not to mention making a good first impression on the citizens of what is soon to be your largest hub (ATL)

"Sorry we had to fire your neighbors that used to work at Airtran, but hey why don't you fly on us?"

Hmm, i think SWA offered you all jobs and you turned them down right? Yeah, I'm sure everybody will feel really bad for you.

Latest resources

Back