• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bob dylan is pretty good at times, but he tends to be one-dimensional, and makes you realize just how good someone like Instructor Dude was. Now there was some quality trolling.

Don't worry guys, one way or another you will have a much better career. Unless you push this to arbitration. Then, as I have said from the beginning, you probably will not.

It's a dirty business for certain.

Sy-bill got it right

Luv2b, you might consider that most pilots here do not want to see that actually happen...we know Gary and we know SWA. It IS a dirty business and a low-margin one as well for the foreseeable future....you might want to consider that. I have said it before and will say it again...don't screw with Gary....he is a cold, hard numbers guy. SWA is the "luv" airline, but they are a ruthless competitor.

Bob dylan is pretty good at times, but he tends to be one-dimensional, and makes you realize just how good someone like Instructor Dude was. Now there was some quality trolling.

Pffft.

JimboRealGoodPilot....now THERE was a troll.

Nu

Other than the abiguously gay delta duo, the rhetoric has toned down a bit for obvious reasons (SWA mgmt stepping up and laying it out for all of us). Then you have to go and warn us about arbitration again. If you think arbitration would be that bad for us (and good for you), why aren't you encoraging us to push for it instead of constantly trying to talk us out of it? Thanks for your sincere concern ;) .

I have sat back and watched this banter for longer than I care to admit. The SLI appears to be close. I sincerely hope that AT pilots listen to their gut and NOT alpo. I have wanted to sound the alpo alarm long before but waited for the jury to decide the outcome of the TWA pilot class-action lawsuit before posting.

You all are aware that just today alpo was found guilty of failing in their responsibility to the TWA pilots for DFR. Now they will pay for their dishonesty. Their behavior was criminal.

AT guys, don't let that alpo mentality be the compass that steers your upcoming decisions. You decide what you want for your family and your career. Please believe me when I say that after four airline uniforms, SWA is different. You will be happy here.

I also hope the SWA guys are reasonable when reviewing whatever proposal is forwarded for our consideration. A complete staple just aint gonna happen felllas. Recognize this and sit down and decide for yourself what YOU would be able to accept...don't debate it here, just figure it out for yourselves. Make up your own mind.

I have told you guys 1000 times anything and I mean anything that gets to our pilot group will pass! This Airtran guy is cringing because he is well aware that ALPA can screw this up and not give the deal to the pilots.

In my world if GK is willing to show leadership and tell us what he wants... Then we give the man what he wants.

Assuming this deal gets done I have some honest questions for SWA guys.
1. When purchasing a yacht is it better to go new or used?
2. Can someone give me the name of a good Ferrari mechanic in Atlanta?
3. Nanny or opare? Really can't decide
4. Is it wrong to say "opulence I has it" over the PA during boarding?
5. Finally I'm in the market for an airport car at the crash pad Lamborghini or should I just get the simple R8 since it will most likely just sit at the airport?

I have told you guys 1000 times anything and I mean anything that gets to our pilot group will pass! This Airtran guy is cringing because he is well aware that ALPA can screw this up and not give the deal to the pilots.

In my world if GK is willing to show leadership and tell us what he wants... Then we give the man what he wants.

Assuming this deal gets done I have some honest questions for SWA guys.
1. When purchasing a yacht is it better to go new or used?
2. Can someone give me the name of a good Ferrari mechanic in Atlanta?
3. Nanny or opare? Really can't decide
4. Is it wrong to say "opulence I has it" over the PA during boarding?
5. Finally I'm in the market for an airport car at the crash pad Lamborghini or should I just get the simple R8 since it will most likely just sit at the airport?

The answer to number 3 is Opare, much hotter and usually from a Eastern Bloc country....and they dont speak good English, so harder to let the wife in on the secret!

Oh and almost forgot, for Number 2, since Ferrari maintenance is very expensive, just take her for a spin down Old National Highway one evening and I am sure someone will take it off your hands! one less headach to worry about!

Last edited:
You all are aware that just today alpo was found guilty of failing in their responsibility to the TWA pilots for DFR. Now they will pay for their dishonesty. Their behavior was criminal.

AT guys, don't let that alpo mentality be the compass that steers your upcoming decisions.
Keep in mind ALPA's reason for screwing the TWA pilots was simple: they wanted the APA to re-unify with ALPA. Obviously that incentive doesn't exist with SWAPA. I don't know what advice the AT guys are getting but I would certainly give it all due consideration -- along with your advice.

Latest resources

Back