SWAPA looking to capture more Capt seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh I already earned my seat Dick-O.
You see I walked through the front door.
I did not hid out at a dirt bag, backwater, scab-ridden, $hithole airline wishing I could get a decent job, then slither under the back door, Dick-O.
So each and every one of you Tranny's puff out your chest and scream at the world how you are going to punish RSW pilots.
It's amusing. Comical even.
There is a reason you are, and FOREVER will be, treated like a second class citizen, Dick-O.
At least Dick-O didn't have to buy his own type rating as 99% of SWA pilots have, and continue to have.

See that is the spirit!!! But are you willing to give up the fat one for the old one? That is showing real "LUV"!!!

Fat, old, sick,weak..18 to 80, blind, crippled or crazy

You know, normally I'd take your word for it that you've found your happy place; however, your avatar fairly screams otherwise.... :)

Bubba

P.S. Ooops, forgot! Blah, blah, blah...

sorry, i had not even thought of the avatar. i put it up during contract talks years ago and i also have a 15 pound cat. i thought it was funny. maybe it is time for a new one. i will look around for something having to do with my first love of helicopters.

edit. thats better. my turbine helicopter on my helipad at home. this is my escape from all the blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:
Yet every time we talk about getting SWA rates now, SWAPA objects...?

Non-sequitur, sir. ;)
Lear, really? It's not non-sequitur.

The arguments salient point is there was a negotiation each union participated in to get everything they could.

A deal is a deal.

Once everyone agreed to their side, thats the deal.

We can't all of a sudden decide to pay our FO's bypass pay as your CA's come over as senior FO's displacing our guys West.

You guys can't try to squeeze the baloon and try to get more money cause it 1) Takes to long 2) isn't what we thought, 3) isn't fair, 4) hurts more.

Sorry, SWAPA has every right after the deal to ensure if your side gets money, we get money, and since SWA won't pay for both, neither gets it.

Lear, really? It's not non-sequitur.

The arguments salient point is there was a negotiation each union participated in to get everything they could.

A deal is a deal.

Once everyone agreed to their side, thats the deal.

We can't all of a sudden decide to pay our FO's bypass pay as your CA's come over as senior FO's displacing our guys West.

You guys can't try to squeeze the baloon and try to get more money cause it 1) Takes to long 2) isn't what we thought, 3) isn't fair, 4) hurts more.

Sorry, SWAPA has every right after the deal to ensure if your side gets money, we get money, and since SWA won't pay for both, neither gets it.

If SW came to the FL guys and said: "This provision in the ALPA contract with FL is preventing us from operating AirTran the way we would like to. We would like relief." It sounds like you would expect to get paid if the FL guys got compensated for giving relief? Flipping things around, lets say SW section 6 opens up and you guys get a new contract prior to 2015 which includes signing bonuses of some kind. I doubt you would expect FL guys to get the same signing bonus even tho its a change to what your pay would be under the "deal"? I know I wouldn't. We both have the right to amend our individual contracts at our own airline. If the FL contract is amended you don't have any rights to "get what we get" just as we don't have any rights to "get what you get" as long as we are separate.

Flipping things around, lets say SW section 6 opens up and you guys get a new contract prior to 2015
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Damn thats funny right there. Our union wont allow that to happen they will drag it on and on and on..

If SW came to the FL guys and said: "This provision in the ALPA contract with FL is preventing us from operating AirTran the way we would like to. We would like relief." It sounds like you would expect to get paid if the FL guys got compensated for giving relief? Flipping things around, lets say SW section 6 opens up and you guys get a new contract prior to 2015 which includes signing bonuses of some kind. I doubt you would expect FL guys to get the same signing bonus even tho its a change to what your pay would be under the "deal"? I know I wouldn't. We both have the right to amend our individual contracts at our own airline. If the FL contract is amended you don't have any rights to "get what we get" just as we don't have any rights to "get what you get" as long as we are separate.
Exactly right.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, unless the gander is getting something extra, then screw the goose.

It really is disingenuous... "We want anything you get, even though you're getting nearly everything you were promised taken away."

I shake my head that it's this hard of a concept for people to grasp, and I've pretty much given up on any kind of "meeting of the minds". We're second-class citizens, be grateful for what you've been given, shut up and color.

Got it.

JAFFO

Latest resources

Back