• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA looking to capture more Capt seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then you wouldn't mind if we asked Steve Chase to come with us to our next negotiating session and saying SWAPA pilots won't mind if we get compensation equal to the cost of what we are losing monthly in pay since the draw-down plus what the Captains will lose unt they upgrade again?

Pretty sure this has been done and we were told no thanks by SWAPA.

Then you wouldn't mind if we asked Steve Chase to come with us to our next negotiating session and saying SWAPA pilots won't mind if we get compensation equal to the cost of what we are losing monthly in pay since the draw-down plus what the Captains will lose unt they upgrade again? Without SWAPA getting anything more since they are already getting more CA seats from the 717 deal?

Because maybe we asked for the AT side to go to SWA and state Right of return was no big deal, because AT already has RoR. Nope, didn't happen. Karma is a bitch.

Then you wouldn't mind if we asked Steve Chase to come with us to our next negotiating session and saying SWAPA pilots won't mind if we get compensation equal to the cost of what we are losing monthly in pay since the draw-down plus what the Captains will lose unt they upgrade again?

So hypothetically, if Steve did go, and did 'approve it' from the SWAPA veiwpoint....you honestly think they would? Really?

I have to disagree.

Maybe, maybe not.

But it would go a long way towards easing some feelings around here if we felt we had ANY support from SWAPA.

I am not sure why you need to feel any support from SWAPA. The deal is what it is. If SWA has moved your cheese, then you (ALPA) go to SWA and negotiate. Of course GK, VdV, and Chuck will all blame it on SWAPA. They are not going to fork over one red cent to your group because it is about cash out the door not about negotiating with SWAPA.

I know things are not going well for some of you. Blaming SWAPA or the pilots is like (insert really good analogy). Anyway, they are not going to negotiate a new contract with us anytime soon and I would be surprised if they give you any cash. Best of luck and hopefully things will start to move in a positive direction for everyone.

I am not sure why you need to feel any support from SWAPA. The deal is what it is. If SWA has moved your cheese, then you (ALPA) go to SWA and negotiate. Of course GK, VdV, and Chuck will all blame it on SWAPA. They are not going to fork over one red cent to your group because it is about cash out the door not about negotiating with SWAPA.

I know things are not going well for some of you. Blaming SWAPA or the pilots is like (insert really good analogy). Anyway, they are not going to negotiate a new contract with us anytime soon and I would be surprised if they give you any cash. Best of luck and hopefully things will start to move in a positive direction for everyone.
Oh I'm not angry with the pilots. I recognize you wanted the best you could get, we all did, and I recognize that most of you could care less if they threw us a bone one way or another and might say "Well, we DID get a lot more CA seats than we were counting on, so good for you for getting SOMETHING for that curveball".

My beef is with SWAPA not stepping up to help. When SWA says "SWAPA would want something", it would be nice to walk in with SWAPA reps and for them to say "No, if you can give them something that doesn't hurt us (money) in compensation for the CA seats they're losing that we're gaining, we won't object."

Otherwise there's no way to counter SWA management's claim. If SWAPA would do that, I'd stop saying that they don't want us to have pay parity right now. But they won't, which leads me to one, inevitable conclusion.

Wouldn't take much to clear this one up IF, and I mean if SWAPA doesn't care if they throw us a bone...

Sorry Lear, SWAPA has a duty to NOT step up and help the AT side, anything they do to help sets them up for failure to defend the SWAPA pilots. Put another way, one more penny to your side, in the end, takes a penny away from our side, sorry if you don't see the business aspect of this deal.

Latest resources

Back