Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Unfairness is the fact that a 04 hire date at SWA has only 300 -400 AAI guys in front of them out of 1800 guys. Taking a seniority number that does not belong to you in the first place is wrong. AAI is allowing SWA to grow and upgrades will happen with a fair SLI. As of right now it will take AAI guys 10 years through attrition just to get to DOH. SWA was not always been the airline of choice.

Reno air did, I believe, but not that familiar.
I don't want them losing their seat. I just wish they didn't go to SWA pay while our higher longevity FOs stay flat. It's a small segment- but it isn't right.
I say pay protect the top 249(?) swa FOs and keep the bottom 249 AT capts that have less longevity at AT pay.
Keep the seat and save the training cost- they're still making their expected money- ie: "not harmed" but the senior pilots get the pay increase.

This solves the one sticking point that seems to be giving everyone angst.

They are OUR captains seats in the aircraft that WE are bringing to the party! You act like your pilots are writing the paychecks. Give me a break.

No, its SWAPA payrates that you guys slide right into..wth 11yr SW FO's watching. How is this NOT a complete windfall for the AAI captains and really a kick in the sack to the AAI FO's?

RF

No, its SWAPA payrates that you guys slide right into..wth 11yr SW FO's watching. How is this NOT a complete windfall for the AAI captains and really a kick in the sack to the AAI FO's?

RF

Because I am losing 34% of my seniority! I could hold a captain seat at SW based on my DOH. Am I supposed to lose both?

By the time this deal is finished I'll be a 10 year CA who holds the same seniority as a 8XXXXXX number. That's you.

Looking forward to flying with you. Unfortunately I'll be a little senior to you Wave. So no pay bump for you.

I think you should vote NO. Lord knows you deserve CA's pay and the 32% seniority I lost. It's only fair.

You bring the beer, I'll bring the women. Would love to fly w/ you if you ever leave the castle atlanta. Notice my life is pretty much unchanged by his deal.
Your own DOH cost you most of that 32%- What did you think? Getting on at a young growing carrier didn't come with any risk?
It's your call on your attitude, But feel free to vote no if you want. Free country. But every play has it's consequences. As would a no vote on our end. I think it passes enormously if we pay protect our top FOs. The fine print 125%, if this and if that, bit is a joke.

Last edited:
Because I am losing 34% of my seniority! I could hold a captain seat at SW based on my DOH. Am I supposed to lose both?

You've been a CA at AirTran since Wave was a B1900 FO. Yet he wants to be paid SWA CA pay whilst you fly as his CA. You lose 34% seniority in order to boost his seniority and make less than him.

Got it.

You've been a CA at AirTran since Wave was a B1900 FO. Yet he wants to be paid SWA CA pay whilst you fly as his CA. You lose 34% seniority in order to boost his seniority and make less than him.

Got it.

It's mathematically impossible for him to have been at AT since I was a 1900 FO, since, neither of your merged companies existed then- but nice try. As for the 34%- maybe you should have got hired at Air Tran in 1980... That would've helped your cause.

My one point isn't about me, im gonna be an FO for a while-it's about our upper 6x,xxx/lower 7x,xxx FOs that have greater longevity AND seniority who will be FOs at FO pay while junior AT capts that snuck in under the wire get full SWA pay. I don't really care that you're getting full capt pay, but I do care that pilots who have been here longer and will have higher seniority - will not. My suggestion that AT capts stay at AT pay is to make it cost neutral for the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back