Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring the beer, I'll bring the women. Would love to fly w/ you if you ever leave the castle atlanta. Notice my life is pretty much unchanged by his deal.
Your own DOH cost you most of that 32%- What did you think? Getting on at a young growing carrier didn't come with any risk?
It's your call on your attitude, But feel free to vote no if you want. Free country. But every play has it's consequences. As would a no vote on our end. I think it passes enormously if we pay protect our top FOs. The fine print 125%, if this and if that, bit is a joke.

Ha ! :)

Leave the ATL ? Despite the fact that I live 25 minutes from the airport I'll be forced to commute to OAK or LAS to keep my seat. Or become a junior FO at the same pay or less. If I'd wanted that I'd have joined the line in 2006. I respect SWA but chose a different path. It seems they all end at the same place ... Ever read 'The Alchemist' ?

If you can get yourself pay protected to fly with me then I'll cheer you on. If it comes at the expense of the only tangible thing I get out of this deal
then its a non starter.

Either way you're buying.

Cheers

But every play has it's consequences.

Every play also has its potential rewards. Can't win if you don't throw the ball toward the end zone. ;)

Last edited:
By the time this deal is finished I'll be a 10 year CA who holds the same seniority as a 8XXXXXX number. That's you.

Looking forward to flying with you. Unfortunately I'll be a little senior to you Wave. So no pay bump for you.

I think you should vote NO. Lord knows you deserve CA's pay and the 32% seniority I lost. It's only fair.

You will also make an extra 1/2 million before he or i upgrades to Capt to force your ars further down the rsv train. I'll take your 1/2 million and sit rsv. You struck gold with this pay and you know it! Even in ARBY you were going to get bumped down...at least now you get the pay.

You will also make an extra 1/2 million before he or i upgrades to Capt to force your ars further down the rsv train. I'll take your 1/2 million and sit rsv. You struck gold with this pay and you know it! Even in ARBY you were going to get bumped down...at least now you get the pay.

I'm going to steal Gup's line; "You make me horny when you talk like that".

Because I am losing 34% of my seniority! I could hold a captain seat at SW based on my DOH. Am I supposed to lose both?

Your 34% is fuzzy math, because 27% of our pilots were hired before your airline even existed. You could have never perceived an AirTran pilot being on the list with them. You could hold a Captain seat based on your DOH? Guess what genius, so could almost 300 of our FO's. Cry me a river chud. :puke:

Again, for the comprehension challenged- I'm a higher 8x,xxx#- I'm an FO on FO pay and don't want anything else until I upgrade- but I do care about the culture. And that culture has been dented by the age 65 seat grab. These same 249(?) would easily have been captains if age 65 didn't happen as fast as it did and there is residual feelings about the support Swapa gave to it- while none of the predictions about only delaying upgrade by a year or two have come true. Again, I predict there are 2-3,000 Swapa pilots who will vote no- right or wrong/wise or not if it shows these senior FOs that we care about them. If these growth predictions are true, no other segment of Swapa pilots will have had to wait as long for an upgrade- before or after- they ought to be pay protected at full 100% of the time capt pay.

I don't know where the 249 number comes from. I've got over 500 SWA fo's senior to me now, and guys hired at tranny a full year after I was hired here are captains there now.

I don't know where the 249 number comes from. I've got over 500 SWA fo's senior to me now, and guys hired at tranny a full year after I was hired here are captains there now.

There's 249 AT captains that are junior with less longevity than current swa FOs. (if I have the number correct). That means 249 captain slots we have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back