• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Schedule bidding, training bidding, vacation bidding, upgrade time and pay (to name a few) if even one single AirTran pilot gets ahead of them on the seniority list. Major major screw job for SWA FOs.

Well then, they should have known coming in at the tail end of a hiring wave (2000-2008) was a huge risk. Their beef then should be with their senior, 4 year upgrade CAs who pushed for age 65, but nooooooooo.....
Upgrade timelines will remain the same or shrink, schedule bidding, training bidding, vacation bidding will remain the same in similar relative seniority.
Explain again why once the merger was announced, southwest will now be getting new airplanes and will now hire (meaning faster upgrades). No planes and no hiring means no upgrades. But then again, you knew that. :rolleyes:

It's very simple, if I was a Southwest FO that wanted a certain week of vacation and it goes to a Trannie instead (who never got hired on, or maybe even got turned down after busting a SWA interview) then I would be royally screwed by this "merger" (not really a merger, but you get the idea).

Every single AirTran pilot gets a huge windfall no matter what the integration is like, which is why most people think a staple is very fair. Trannies start at the bottom just like every other Southwest pilot did.

Quoting General Lee as your source..

Classic.

I do know many SWA CAPTAINS left SWA pre-9-11 for UAL and then got furloughed. They probably just got tired of the long, multi leg days. I am sure they may be kicking themselves now, but they obviously had a reason then to do it.

Your Civil War with AT coming up here is going to be a lot of fun. For some reason we didn't have one with our larger merger, oh wait, there was a common goal to get a JOINT contract first before the SLI. You guys will just never learn.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you don't think SWA paying an extra $11,000,000 a month in salary and benefits to your group, operating a money losing operation, has any effect on SWAPA pilots? Right!

Gary Kelly has already told shareholders, the SEC and you that buying AirTran will make SWA money by integrating the operations. He has warned them that without integration SWA could lose money.

The cost of paying AirTran employees SWA wages is calculated as a part of that integration. It's in the SEC filings.

Are you saying that Gary Kelly is lying or wrong ?

I do know many SWA CAPTAINS left SWA pre-9-11 for UAL and then got furloughed. They probably just got tired of the long, multi leg days. I am sure they may be kicking themselves now, but they obviously had a reason then to do it.

Your Civil War with AT coming up here is going to be a lot of fun. For some reason we didn't have one with our larger merger, oh wait, there was a common goal to get a JOINT contract first before the SLI. You guys will just never learn.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thats funny. I have worked at SWA for 15 years and have not heard of ONE Captain that left for UAL and only a few probationary pilots that did. During that time I flew with a few that left UAL for SWA also.

So tell me oh wise one, how do you KNOW this false information.

This board is worthless anymore.

It's very simple, if I was a Southwest FO that wanted a certain week of vacation and it goes to a Trannie instead (who never got hired on, or maybe even got turned down after busting a SWA interview) then I would be royally screwed by this "merger" (not really a merger, but you get the idea).

Every single AirTran pilot gets a huge windfall no matter what the integration is like, which is why most people think a staple is very fair. Trannies start at the bottom just like every other Southwest pilot did.

Bobby,

Every recent arbitration award disagrees with you. Now, I know you don't fly for either airline (just like me), and you are entitled to your opinion. Maybe you should sign up to be an arbitrator. I know one side that would do anything to give you a shot at it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gary Kelly has already told shareholders, the SEC and you that buying AirTran will make SWA money by integrating the operations. He has warned them that without integration SWA could lose money.

The cost of paying AirTran employees SWA wages is calculated as a part of that integration. It's in the SEC filings.

Are you saying that Gary Kelly is lying or wrong ?

He's just saying that he and redflyer are smarter than Gary. Bottom line is they simply want to accelerate their upgrade timeline by standing on the shoulders of the airtran peeps. Bob Dylan also seems to think that there will be less vacation time to go around with the addition of more pilots.

What's funny is that you use the term "windfall" when in fact it's a pay raise. You are purposely trying to act dumb by insinuating that the "windfall" airtran pilots receive is at the expense of southwest pilots. You don't lose a thing. You are just pissed they will make what you make even though it won't affect you one bit.

Ok Jonjuan,

What does the Southwest pilot group get out of the merged list?

Payraise like Airtran? No.

So enlighten me on the 'fair and equitable' portion from the SW side while the AAI guys are stepping up the backs of the SW pilots contract (that they worked for YEARS to obtain). Tell me.

Ok Jonjuan,

What does the Southwest pilot group get out of the merged list?

Payraise like Airtran? No.

So enlighten me on the 'fair and equitable' portion from the SW side while the AAI guys are stepping up the backs of the SW pilots contract (that they worked for YEARS to obtain). Tell me.
You already got your pay raise. Now it's ATALPAs turn.
You get more growth that was grinding to a halt (at least GK thinks this). Upgrades should continue, albeit at a much slower pace versus grinding to a halt. You got what GK said you would get- a more stable company with a little more growth. The alternative? You go backwards in terms of competition and much longer upgrades.

Finally:
You are trying to manage their expectations, and really, you can't.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back