• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gary will run the company as he see's fit. Neither of us have any input on those kind of decisions. For ALPA or SWAPA to attempt to dictate anything different is ludicrous.

The future is completely unknown. Gary could buy Airtran and STILL say no growth until 2015. You can't predict 1000 factors that effect this industry. He could just as easily cancel ALL orders, including yours. There is no gurantee to any quick upgrade or growth.

Let me ask you this. What does the #1 sw pilot want? What does he/she thinks he/she deserves in the merger?

He could careless for two reasons,

1-He will be long gone before there is ever a SLI.
2-He was hired way before all the AAI guys anyway.

Better question is what does the #1 FO at AAI expect to gain from the Southwest contract?

The Alpa job killing machine just took another major beat down, one in a long list of future beat downs to come with this deal. They will not rest until they burn the SWAPA house down.

If the tables were turned The ALPA job killing machine would be trying to do the very same thing to SWAPA. ALPA is used to running the show and being in charge of every meeting and negotiation. It burns them up they are not calling the shots on this deal, they are going to throw fits,scream bloody murder and drag their feet forever until we all end up with a US Air deal

There is no talking to the citrus guys that want all the good deals they are getting plus our left seats

Fence them off forever then choke them off like we did to the fools at Muse.

I bet the citrus guys that turned down the new hire offer a couple months ago are kicking themselves.

I'm just saying

Last edited:
Only Check Airman can give PC's at SWA.....don't expect that to change. Was in Dallas for training and Bob Torti said "SWAPA will never buy that" (non-SWA check airman giving PC's)

Aircrew Program Designee - they are company employees in the training department who can give Type Ratings as well as PC's / PT's.

http://fsims.faa.gov/PICDetail.aspx?docId=3379CB6C41F3E7C3862573D0006CB2FE

As for "Single Operating Carrier", in FAA speak, that means "on the day we can surrender the AirTran Operating Certificate and operations with all fleets and employees continues on a daily basis as-normal."

The only way they can do that is to have every, single facet of the operation on the Southwest Ops Cert.

Thanks for the details, Scoreboard. More to come, I'm sure.

Originally Posted by Lear70
Aircrew Program Designee - they are company employees in the training department who can give Type Ratings as well as PC's / PT's.

http://fsims.faa.gov/PICDetail.aspx?...2573D0006CB2FE

As for "Single Operating Carrier", in FAA speak, that means "on the day we can surrender the AirTran Operating Certificate and operations with all fleets and employees continues on a daily basis as-normal."

The only way they can do that is to have every, single facet of the operation on the Southwest Ops Cert.

Thanks for the details, Scoreboard. More to come, I'm sure.

This was taken care of in our Transition Agreement. AirTran check pilots or instructors will not be checking or training Southwest pilots.

Let me ask you this. What does the #1 sw pilot want? What does he/she thinks he/she deserves in the merger?

I'll guarantee you he wants a straight staple because it's the fairest thing in the world. Everybody starts at the bottom of the SWA list just like they always have.

Add to it that the majority of Trannies would vote for a staple anyway if it were put to a vote.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back