• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
40 total a day vs. over 4000 flights combined is pretty small potatos. I hope they stay with a low number or at least make a sizable profit if we do increase them.

40 total a day vs. over 4000 flights combined is pretty small potatos. I hope they stay with a low number or at least make a sizable profit if we do increase them.

It's actually pretty big potatoes if you don't want to work a redeye.

40 flights/day times 30 days/month = 1,200 redeyes. 1,200 flights spread over 9 crew bases = 133 redeyes/base each month. SL 14 limits the number of redeyes to 1 per line, with a chance of 2 on one line. Majority will be placed on PM lines. So, if you are a PM flyer, expect 100 PM lines in your base that will contain atleast one redeye pairing.

Don't forget about the separate ELITT restrictions that also come along with the redeye pairing.

There will be no pure redeye lines. Hope all the Yes voters understood this.

It's actually pretty big potatoes if you don't want to work a redeye.

40 flights/day times 30 days/month = 1,200 redeyes. 1,200 flights spread over 9 crew bases = 133 redeyes/base each month. SL 14 limits the number of redeyes to 1 per line, with a chance of 2 on one line. Majority will be placed on PM lines. So, if you are a PM flyer, expect 100 PM lines in your base that will contain atleast one redeye pairing.

Don't forget about the separate ELITT restrictions that also come along with the redeye pairing.

There will be no pure redeye lines. Hope all the Yes voters understood this.
What are the ELITT restrictions? Let me guess, you can't ELITT a red-eye trip...? :/

What are the ELITT restrictions? Let me guess, you can't ELITT a red-eye trip...? :/

ETOPS redeye pairings will only be ELITTable for other ETOPS redeye pairings.

Normal redeye pairings will be ELITTable, but you must add a duty period if doing so. For example, a 2 day redeye will ELITT as a 3 day trip.

You wont be adding a day...it will be 3day for 3day. The redeye pairing will have 2 duty days of flying in it, but will pay at least 19.5 as a 3day. The reserves will be the ones sucking these up if they suck bad, but there will be those that fly them as others have said. If the long overnight is where someone lives or wants to be or if its commutable, someone may just want it. Low block will be attractive to others. ELITT restrictions on the ETOPS pairings is the most compelling reason to avoidance bid the whole group IMO.

Latest resources

Back