SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoa...

While a sweet and noble statement, its quite untimely! And really not needed!!

First, why agree to give anything away when your assertions could very well lead to the actions that would make you put your money where your mouth is?

Second, why not say, "Leaving aircraft on that side of the fence in 2015 is in violation of our contract and we will not accept concessions, nor furloughs, due to poor or lazy execution?"

If you advertise your willingness to give things up to prevent furloughs, you can count on being told about the need to furlough. Its a classic legacy mgmt tactic, and our SWA mgmt is using more and more plays from that book.

Dude you know where I was coming from. I said I would if needed. I didn't say the whole pilot group. This is my opinion only. SWAPA represents the whole pilot group. I know what it is like to be on the street, do you? So don't pop off on me brother. Are you upset that it might happen. Is your upgrade going to be delayed? If so I am tired of hearing all the whining of my upgrade, my upgrade! While us on the bottom can only hope to keep our job.

Whoa...

While a sweet and noble statement, its quite untimely! And really not needed!!

First, why agree to give anything away when your assertions could very well lead to the actions that would make you put your money where your mouth is?

Second, why not say, "Leaving aircraft on that side of the fence in 2015 is in violation of our contract and we will not accept concessions, nor furloughs, due to poor or lazy execution?"

If you advertise your willingness to give things up to prevent furloughs, you can count on being told about the need to furlough. Its a classic legacy mgmt tactic, and our SWA mgmt is using more and more plays from that book.

Oh, lord! :rolleyes:

I appreciate what you're saying, Texman.

I would say 60-65% of the people prefer PMs, so if you like AMs it like getting a pseudo seniority bump. They are pretty easy to get even if your junior (in any base).

Same is true for bidding AM or PM reserve if you are way down at the bottom.

Thanks for the break-down.

For us it would end up paying 7:40, since it's a single duty period, and we only have a duty period guarantee for those kinds of trips.

So, basically, someone who does 3 of those in a row over 4 days of flying (late evening to early morning), would make 23 hours, versus a normal 4-day for us paying between 22 and 24 hours.

At Southwest, it would seem 3 of those over 4 days of flying (3 duty periods) would be worth 27.3 Trips, and it seems your 3 days are worth at least that much, and your 4 days (which is how much flying we're talking about here) are worth a LOT more than that.

So the only pilots who would want them would either want to be home all day every day or just like night flying (like PCL). Otherwise, it looks like that would go junior for you guys because of the pay?

Here they usually they get dumped into open time as much as is allowed by our system; few want them. I'm sorry to see them coming to SWA, truthfully. They may be a money maker, but they're unsafe unless you get on a night rhythm and stay there or are just one of those night owl kind of people.

How senior do the A.M. lines usually go in say MCO or BWI? Alternately I guess you could bid OAK, LAS, or PHX since you're obviously not going to have redeyes to those cities, be more senior, drop most of your trips, and pick up regular trips in other bases... That commute will suck, though.

Expect all redeye pairings to pay the minmum rigs. 13, 19.5, & 26 tfp.
The redeye premium will most likely not override the min gaurantee.

Reminds me of bad afternoon TV . . .

"But what about MY needs, Sally-Jessie Geraldo-Povitch"?
:bawling:

Now that I think about it . . . Sign me up for those a.m. trips, would ya?

:laugh::laugh:

Reminds me of bad afternoon TV . . .

"But what about MY needs, Sally-Jessie Geraldo-Povitch"?
:bawling:

Now that I think about it . . . Sign me up for those a.m. trips, would ya?

:laugh::laugh:

I do AM's and they rock. I love getting in going to the BAR/RES for some R and R. I find PM's you are rushing to grab a drink before the bar closes to only lead to room party that has all swords in it. Long haul AM's are the best. Plus I commute.

Would that actually be called a 'Sword Party'?

When I got here everyone was PM's are the best. Every PM I did had a bunch of Swords working the flight, yes a sword party. I like going outside the hotel to find the party. No company ink for me. Less Drama. PM's have Drama.

Latest resources

Back