• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is hiring. Think FedEx is too. After you're done occupying Wall Street with the rest of the entitlement crowd, feel free to apply elsewhere and hit the road. Nothing keeping you here.

Just because Steve made some strange comments about it doesn't mean I agree. It doesn't make me happy as you stated. To be honest, I haven't heard many people really mentioning it beyond that one SWAPA statement. I think its bizarre that your flying has been cut that much. We all should be flying max hours this summer and making as much profit as possible. I have no clue why the GO has done that on your side. If you get a chance to ask them, please do. Is be interested to hear the answer as well. Like I said before, I'd like to have you guys (with all planes painted in Canyon Blue) tomorrow so we can start working together.

I have not run into anyone from planning to ask but I can only assume that it has to do with a few city's being dropped and flying shifted to your side. The kicker will be the dead season along with several more city's being dropped starting in AUG. (I believe) Last year our lines were much better during the summer. It's going to be tight for a few years on the AAI side. I usually credit in the mid 90's and am told to expect guarantee to be the norm from now on. Not sure if it will be but I can say open time is nil. At our pay scale that's $1,000 to $2,000 a month plus 401K match. Double that for captains. I realize that is our cross to bear but none the less it hurts.
C-ya mid to late 2015. :beer:

Delta is hiring. Think FedEx is too. After you're done occupying Wall Street with the rest of the entitlement crowd, feel free to apply elsewhere and hit the road. Nothing keeping you here.

Ha! Ha! Your union went running to your daddy to fight your battles and threaten us and you call us the, "entitlement crowd"?

I feel for you. Now move on and stop whining. Every day it is something new for you guys to complain about. It will never stop and that is why you guys will never be happy. Maybe the best thing for you is to look for another job.
That's not going to happen. Can't replace the income at this equivalent longevity and I think you know that. It's really a ridiculous thing to say in this profession.

Just got back from vacation and I don't think I've ever seen this pilot group this p*ssed off.

It is neither reasonable nor fair to ask what you're asking (for us to just shut up and "be happy"). To expect that in this situation is actually quite absurd to everyone on the outside looking in and to repeatedly tell people to "get over it" only exacerbates the situation.

If Southwest Management is unwilling to do something to take the sting out of changing the basis of the SIA, then the only thing that will heal this is time. Telling people to "get over it" or "go work somewhere else" is really counter-productive and only serves to anger everyone.

Last edited:
Latest email is that the remainder of the classes will be filled with MKE and MCO pilots. Another fine change to plans given to us the day before the bid opens.

Do even the Happy Birthday cards at Southwest say subject to change? Not upset at the world so don't say find a new job. Just wasted a lot of time studying for crap I will forget for sure by 20??

I am still trying to figure out why you are whining to other pilots. If you are really ticked about what is going on, then get your group together and go picket GK and the GO!! Go do something about it!!! Coming on here and getting po'ed at other pilots does no good and will get you no where. Who do you think forced this marriage? Who held the "gun" to your head? SWAPA? SWAPA pilots? NO....it was GK. So take your anger and put it where it belongs.

I feel for you guys that are getting a raw deal. Guess what? Many on the SWAPA side feel the same way so complaining to us about your pain does not produce a lot of sympathy.

We all have a choices in life. Putting our lists together was not one of our choices, but how we treat each other is our choice. So happy flying and hopefully we will all find our "inner peace" over this shotgun wedding.

Latest resources

Back