• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, we voted, with a gun to our head. Its easy to say "get over it" when you're gaining upgrades and overall seniority at the expense of others.

SW and SWAPA should expect the same degree of loyality and respect from 25% of their pilots/members.

Yeah, we voted, with a gun to our head. Its easy to say "get over it" when you're gaining upgrades and overall seniority at the expense of others.

SW and SWAPA should expect the same degree of loyality and respect from 25% of their pilots/members.

OK. You feel better now that you got to get that off your chest. When will it be enough? Are you going to be like this for the rest of your career, because it will never change. Like the next poster said, "Delta is hiring".
You really need to get over this or your life will be miserable. Every person you fly with will not want to hear about it. Well, maybe another person like yourself and then you can both spend the 3-4 days flying together talking about this and how you both got screwed.

Delta is hiring.
Oh no, I think I'll stick around and vote yes on every POS TA I"m offered. Then I can explain to the "hired not acquired" crowd just how lucky I feel to say I work for SWA (my lottery ticket)

Karma....... It ain't just a german car!

Oh no, I think I'll stick around and vote yes on every POS TA I"m offered. Then I can explain to the "hired not acquired" crowd just how lucky I feel to say I work for SWA (my lottery ticket)

Karma....... It ain't just a german car!

You're gonna fit right in around here!

I understand where you are coming from but I never thought the 717s would ever be painted in SW colors. I still don't believe there will be any in SW paint after Jan 2015. This was the worst kept secret in the industry. SW has always wanted to fly one plane....the 737.

Gary's got his agreement out of both sides and is running his business to be stronger and more profitable in the future. If you think he put a target on your backs with the 717 deal and squeezed the trigger, I think your wrong. I see this move as strengthing OUR company. The same company that we both work for. I can also understand how the announcement is playing out on the AAI side. SW hasn't been too proactive in telling people affected what's getting ready to go down. This move is no different. The communication should have been much, much better.

We were told the 717's would be around for a while. The 717's going away definitely strengthens SWAPA's position. I understand you are happy about that. I probably would be to if the shoe was on the other foot. I don't think...nor do I expect anything to change for the better on the AAI side. It will get worse until the last 717 is gone. The lines have gone to ******************** and we are told they will be worse after summer. I will let you in on a secret....losing 10 to 20 hrs a month hurts. You guys refuse to see that we were lied to and coerced into an agreement. That's cool. We live in different bubbles. The way you view life depends upon your frame of reference. They are just very different from your side to ours. I will walk a mile in your shoes if you will reciprocate.

Peace out

Just because Steve made some strange comments about it doesn't mean I agree. It doesn't make me happy as you stated. To be honest, I haven't heard many people really mentioning it beyond that one SWAPA statement. I think its bizarre that your flying has been cut that much. We all should be flying max hours this summer and making as much profit as possible. I have no clue why the GO has done that on your side. If you get a chance to ask them, please do. Is be interested to hear the answer as well. Like I said before, I'd like to have you guys (with all planes painted in Canyon Blue) tomorrow so we can start working together.

Latest resources

Back