• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is funny is how Steve Chase in this letter is actually trying to take credit for all this.

Steve Chase is a myopic bomb thrower. He's got everyone pumped up over the "upgrades" coming their way, via the 717's demise, yet none of his posse has sat him down and given him the true numbers.

After 2015, by SWA's math, there may be as many as 26 717's on the AT side of the patrician (that's 216 capt. slots on the 'other-side' .. slots that, if senior enough, can be bid straight out by the more senior FAT guys). Add to that the international snafu going on right now and there's potential for over 30 737's being on the AT side as well after the magical 2015 deadline.

I just don't see this as the seat grab that those guys do, as the potential is that this long drawn-out transition is going to drag on beyond 2015. After that the game changes quite a bit. Which would mean that there'd be quite a few "new-hires" (as you guys so graciously like to point out) going straight to the left seat.

Did Delta pilots call NWA pilots new hires or attending new hire training when they came to ATL for training? Perhaps a DAL pilot could answer that. I realize it's a small thing. But you would be surprised how important it is. If SWA pilots are serious about moving on, they would do well to not say things like "we bought you". This is not the early 1800's. New hires apply for positions and don't have seniority. Sure we are new to the SWA way, but how many changes to that way are you already seeing since SWA bought AirTran? Just trying to provide a little perspective and echo what the rest of the industry is trying to tell you guys. It's YOUR ATTITUDE in this transaction that everyone is watching.

Humm, We are just saying. You go to dallas they will treat you like a new hire. We treat people new to the company diffrent than other new hires at other companies. We know what value you guys bring. We are not discounting that. You are Just a new person to SWA. Put senority asisde.

I get it now! You guys at AT must really put your level of Senortiy, on how you judge each other or even respect each other. Here at SWA it is so not like that!

If I was to fly with one of your SR guys and I was new to AT, would he treat me as if I was some young punk that knows nothing? Becuase what I have heard from some of my AT friends it can be like that.

If I was to fly with one of your SR guys and I was new to AT, would he treat me as if I was some young punk that knows nothing? Becuase what I have heard from some of my AT friends it can be like that.

Glad to hear that EVERY SWA captain will treat the AT guys with nothing but respect. Can't wait...

Humm, We are just saying. You go to dallas they will treat you like a new hire. We treat people new to the company diffrent than other new hires at other companies. We know what value you guys bring. We are not discounting that. You are Just a new person to SWA. Put senority asisde.

I get it now! You guys at AT must really put your level of Senortiy, on how you judge each other or even respect each other. Here at SWA it is so not like that!

I'm sure you have seen the funny video on here with the SWA Kernal. "have you met the A flight attendant, 4 digit seniority number, very sharp." I think people are judged a little by seniorty numbers. At AirTran you can tell if someone is Valuejet or original AT all by a seniority number. But I think I get what you are saying. SWA is big on flushing out your past and reprogramming you so to speak. I believe it requires more tact when you take on bringing an entire company on board.

I'm sure you have seen the funny video on here with the SWA Kernal. "have you met the A flight attendant, 4 digit seniority number, very sharp." I think people are judged a little by seniorty numbers. At AirTran you can tell if someone is Valuejet or original AT all by a seniority number. But I think I get what you are saying. SWA is big on flushing out your past and reprogramming you so to speak. I believe it requires more tact when you take on bringing an entire company on board.

Don't you mean "employee number"? Not "seniority number"?

Regards,
Fr8doggie

It's YOUR ATTITUDE in this transaction that everyone is watching.

Really? I think it works both ways. There's a reason SWA developed a culture commitee in the middle of all this. We're all gonna have to dig deep and try to make the best out of this mess.

PCL has thousands of hours of experience bought and paid for at Gulfstream International. That should count for something right? :laugh:

Whats it matter where he came from? We all pay for it somehow. If you ever met PCL 128 in person you would realize the sharp individual he is. He is National by the way so show a little respect.

Latest resources

Back