• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe MCO is going to stay a base and ATL will be announced in the future. How well diss you expect to do NGSP?

Ngsp. I feel sorry for you man. Life's tough I get it. I think you'll be upgrading sooner than 2023. With my juniority my upgrade says 2027--I'm hoping it'll be sooner than that.

Dude, if you REALLY believe that SWAPA had a hand in this, then you clearly need a piss test. Your conspiracy theory may play well with the permanently pissed-off (and, of course, Dan Roman), but everyone else knows it's BS. GK consults SWAPA only when he's contractually obligated to do so. And that doesn't include the company's business decisions. Do you have a reason to be mad? Sure. But it's not a SWA/SWAPA conspiracy to screw you like you seem to think. It's GK doing business as HE sees fit, and the chips fall where they may. You guys say SWAPA guys don't know how ALPA and Airtran work, and you are probably right. But the converse is also true; you obviously don't know diddly-dick about how SWA management runs its airline.

This thread really needs to die. All it's doing is pissing people off, even the normally sane guys, with the usual suspects on both sides (and of course, Dan Roman) spinning each other into the ceiling. Take a breath, do some yoga, tap couple of flight attendants, whatever. Work on changing something that you can change.

Bubba

Bubba,
Refer to the original post of this thread....it's SWAPA leader who is gloating about the windfall due to the 717 parking....and you wonder why Citrus pilots are bent????

750+ capts seat stolen with the sell of the b717. was just 300+
It was the AirTran MEC that turned down what SWAPA called SL9. It was SL9 that would have given all AirTran pilots SW pay as of April of this year. Additionally AirTran would have kept all would have kept all of their Capts seats for as long as the AirTran pilots wanted it. So don't blame everything on SWA and SWAPA, your MEC had a hand in this as well. SWAPA was trying to get what was best for the current SWAPA pilots (if they didn't they would have been subject to a DFR lawsuit) and GK kept them in the dark about the 717s as AirTran. SWAPA was just better at reading SWA management than ALPA.

Bubba, let me remind you of a few things...

"no SW pilot will be harmed"
"we gain nothing from this acquisition"
"IF integration occurs"
Comparisons made to the TWA/AA integration.
Rejoicing about the additional CA seats made available at our expense.
Pilots rallying for management at LUV HQ after ALPA declined AIP1.

SWAPA played a hand in this screw job from the beginning, probably even before the announcement was made public. There is no other logical reason why this went as lop-sided as it did. GK wants something from SWAPA. To say otherwise is being disingenuous at best.

Ouch. The truth will set you free. I also can't believe the letter from Chase. That's rough.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

It was the AirTran MEC that turned down what SWAPA called SL9. It was SL9 that would have given all AirTran pilots SW pay as of April of this year. Additionally AirTran would have kept all would have kept all of their Capts seats for as long as the AirTran pilots wanted it. So don't blame everything on SWA and SWAPA, your MEC had a hand in this as well. SWAPA was trying to get what was best for the current SWAPA pilots (if they didn't they would have been subject to a DFR lawsuit) and GK kept them in the dark about the 717s as AirTran. SWAPA was just better at reading SWA management than ALPA.

Your exactly right Tanker. There were plenty of people on here warning that Southwest plays hard ball. Hard core business decisons. No one believed us. I mean NO one. The first deal is usual the best when it comes to SW, and this whole SLI proved it. The voting is done and over.

The AirTran MEC voted down the first proposal because it was an insulting slap to the face, the AT pilot group rallied and told them as much. Proposal #2 was jammed down our throats using threats and ultimatums. Anyone who can't see that isn't paying attention.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back