SWAPA calls all former AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
R
I'm sorry, but I just stated that I don't take this shiz personal. You and I have no control over the final outcome but with some of the scorched earth posts I read from SOME of you guys, I worry about how SOME of you will react when the SLI comes out.

I'm worried about you guys, and what bs us swa pilots are going to put up with. It will be AT share holders that decide. Latest Merger Agreement states why AT is being sold. I am all about fair via A/M and M/B.

Didn't the SW pilots vote down a TA due to domestic codeshares? Yeah operating a regional with lower wages and the same equipment is a super idea. I will be a happy grateful pilot when SW owns us but geez guys you are sure being mean to a fellow pilot that us just an employee of an airline that was bought.

Lear, I think your MC left out a few steps.

1. SWA forms Guadalupe Holdings,
2. Guadalupe Holdings purchases AirTran,
3. Guadalupe Holdings merges with AirTran and retains the AirTran name,
4. SWA forms Sub LLC,
5. Sub LLC merges with AirTran (formerly Guadalupe Holdings) and retains the AirTran name,
6. AirTran (Sub LLC) is a wholly owned of Southwest Airlines in a similar setup to American Eagle and American or formerly Comair and Delta.

This was laid out on Sep 26 2010 as the plan of the merger. In both documents 'AirTran' becomes a subsidiary of SWA.

In the new Merger document AirTran is merged into and with a LLC. The LLC subsidiary becomes the surviving company.

Your right dicko. It went from a tax shell to a new llc. Post merger transaction. So we end up with what CO had with express jet. This is out of swapa control.

If the swa pilots case is so strong, why all the nervous chatter? Seems that in y'alls eyes it is a slam dunk. How could an independent arbitrator not see that?

We have ironclad domestic codeshare protection. I believe it will then be the function of the fences to come.

It will be up to SWAPA to release (temporarily) the codeshare relief for XX number of years and possibly re-visit it later. I would think there will be no relief from the CRJ portion. Something like "all CRJ flying will stop within 90 days of this agreement".

This is going to be interesting no doubt.

Latest resources

Back