• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN: Why no JCBA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But you are ok with putting your guys, some tried but failed to get hired at SWA, above our guys?

Hypocritical, don't you think!

No I am for a fair integration. You are the ones wanting a staple job. You act like all of us have applied to SWA. I bet it is less than 5%. And many that did applied to every airline out there at one point or another. People job hunting put in resumes everywhere. Once they find a job that stops. If that argument makes you feel better so be it. Yes I am OK with putting some of our guys above some of your guys. You think a 3 year SWA guy should be above a 15 year AAI guy. You guys claim that culture is so important but it only for SWAPA and not anyone else. Yet you call me a hypocrite.

Less than 5% of Airtran pilots with apps into Southwest before the announcement?

Whatcha' wanna bet on that? A little birdie told me the number was closer to 5 HUNDRED.

Gup

No I am for a fair integration. You are the ones wanting a staple job.

Some of your coworkers are advocating extreme and even silly positions on the SLI. It doesn't have to be either "staple" or "date of hire". There are plenty of options in between.

I think there is so much emotion on our side because we have so much to lose. Where as there simply is no way an AAI pilot can end up worse off in the integration.

Good luck to us all. Done poorly this acquisition will ruin this place. I trust SWA to be reasonable while protecting it's employees interests.

But some of the AAI posters on here (combined with who their lawyer is) have me really worried that they are going be extreme.

Especially troubling is that apparently some of the posters advocating these extreme positions are in your union!

Ivauir,
I can only speak for myself but all I want is a fair integration. Everyone I have spoken with here wants nothing more than fair treatment. Don't get me wrong we have our 10%'ers. I think you will find that the majority here at AAI are the same. We simply want a fair shake.

Some of your coworkers are advocating extreme and even silly positions on the SLI. It doesn't have to be either "staple" or "date of hire". There are plenty of options in between.

I think there is so much emotion on our side because we have so much to lose. Where as there simply is no way an AAI pilot can end up worse off in the integration.

Good luck to us all. Done poorly this acquisition will ruin this place. I trust SWA to be reasonable while protecting it's employees interests.

But some of the AAI posters on here (combined with who their lawyer is) have me really worried that they are going be extreme.

Especially troubling is that apparently some of the posters advocating these extreme positions are in your union!

If you don't mind me asking who is our lawyer that you speak of. Do you mean ALPA or the guy we retained for the merger. You can't expect SWAPA to go for the throat and ALPA to roll over. It just doesn't work that way. Honestly I believe cooler heads will prevail. IMHO our unions will negotiate what they can and the arbitrator will decide the rest. Please keep in mind that the posters on here only less than 1% of our pilot group.
Cheers

I agree. I'm on my way right now.

Not to dig on you but you said you want fair. You must have SOME idea of what that is.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back