• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN: Why no JCBA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Opinions are like ****************************************. What's good or fair for me might really suck for our Johnson. Our guys are well prepared and I trust their judgement. Plus our pilots have a safety valve - a vote if we get that far.

Now ask me if I think this will get done without Arbitration. I say yes.

Gup

I will bet you a beer it won't get done without arbitration.

85 pilots would be 5% of 1700. I believe he is saying that more than 5% of your pilot group has left to come over to SWA. I heard about 1 in 5 AirTran guys that have interviewed at SWA got the nod. Thats a ton of guys willing to go to the bottom of our list in order to leave AirTran. That is what Jose was talking about.

Do you think your MEC and Merger team have interviewed? You will be shocked if you ask and they are honest with their response.

If there are 20 variables for an arbitrator to consider, the holy grail is not whether Airtran pilots have interviewed at SWA previously, maybe they interviewed at Delta or AA, or F9, that is a small point. There are bigger fish to consider. Small fish make those who hold them up and say look, look at my small fish, well they make you look like a person who is happy with small fish. Think big fish, and stop talking about small fish.

The bigger fish in this is concentrating on what we have not what we may lose.

We're not breaking the bank.

Sure, your just adding to the 1,000,000,000 dollar debt, Southwest is taking with the Tranny Acquisition.

This is too funny. I changed one little word, and now it applies equally well to yourself and your buddies PapaLimpy, RedDog and Roughneck.

Ty,

It isn't funny at all. What you have done is simply juvenile. I don't appreciate being intentionally misquoted and I was very careful not to specifically name anyone. You on the other hand have to make the argument personal. Ironically you are probably the worst offender when it comes to posting extreme and outrageous positions.

This is a classless move on your part, and you've really managed to get under my skin. Your attitude is scary and I really hope you are an outlier and that your representatives are far more reasonable.

I have made every effort to enthusiastically welcome your pilot group. You are making that impossible.

Ivauir, I'm beginning to agree with you. This is starting to look ugly. Gary, I hope you're watching! Surely we can start looking at our options...

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, life's too short. I appreciate those who are welcoming to the AT pilot group. Each MC must represent their pilots to the best of their ability, after that we need to shake hands and treat each other with respect.

As far as Katz E vs. W history, it was explained to us that he was following directions with regard to his SLI argument. His clients minds were made up, and he argued their position. Not much you can do if the people your working for want to fight for a position that doesn't have the best chance for success. Ironically, he represents the younger group this time. I do not believe the AT MC has decided there is only 1 fair outcome in this SLI debate. I am confident they will be open minded, fair, and represent the AT pilots well.

Latest resources

Back