SWAPA/ATN: Why no JCBA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. I'm on my way right now.

Not to dig on you but you said you want fair. You must have SOME idea of what that is.

Gup

AT pilots would take a staple to the bottom of the SWA list with pay protections for two years. Either that or they work under their crappy new TA.

If I were negotiating the SLI for SWA, that's what I'd offer, or walk away. They will accept it.

AT pilots would take a staple to the bottom of the SWA list with pay protections for two years. Either that or they work under their crappy new TA.

If I were negotiating the SLI for SWA, that's what I'd offer, or walk away. They will accept it.

I'd make em interview.

I agree. I'm on my way right now.

Not to dig on you but you said you want fair. You must have SOME idea of what that is.

Gup

You are right GUP but I bet it differs from what you think is fair. I am junior here at AAI and I will be junior at LUV. Our unions have asked us not to discuss our opinions online so I will refrain. Needless to say my opinion will not matter much in the over all scheme of things much like everyone here on FI.

Double shot with a beer back.

Only now we have to split the tab. Getting expensive

Only now we have to split the tab. Getting expensive

Not with your pending SWA Pay. You'll be fine.

No I am for a fair integration. You are the ones wanting a staple job. You act like all of us have applied to SWA. I bet it is less than 5%. And many that did applied to every airline out there at one point or another. People job hunting put in resumes everywhere. Once they find a job that stops.

The number I thought I read was 482 former airtran at SWA. So out of let's say 5900, 482 would equals....roughly 8%....that were hired and took the job....not counting those who did not take it....or those who did not get hired at all. I think you may be a bit off on your percentages...I'm just sayin

From this junior AAI FO, I would gladly take some kind of fair integration with a no furlough clause. I am on the bottom here. I would much rather be on the bottom there. I would come to work happy and with a smile every time.

Most guys and gals here at AAI have been hired post 9/11. What percentage of your group have been hired since then?

Taken from the please buy airtran thread. You seem to be consistent in wanting a fair solution. Glad you would not mind being on the bottom of our list. I would like to run the numbers to the question you asked in the last sentence.

Most guys and gals here at AAI have been hired post 9/11. What percentage of your group have been hired since then?

The percentage is lower, but the total number of pilots hired at SWA since September 11th is greater than your entire seniority list.

I was told $140 Million increase over the term of the CBA. If that's incorrect, it came from the NC.

Isn't AirTran projected to net over $160 Million this year?

The $140 million number is low. Remember, it's over $50 million in just the first year, and it's a five year deal. Also, AirTran won't make nearly $160 million this year in net profit. With that said, it's ridiculous to think that AirTran can't afford this contract without the SWA deal. They could afford far more.

Your lack of general accounting is embarrassing. Your current raises increase AT costs enough to wipe out your best year's (2009) net profit. That increase in cost is per year. Call your union, or better yet just call your VC, or just call PCL.

You don't want him to call me. I won't tell him what you're saying, thats for sure. You need to check your facts.

The number I thought I read was 482 former airtran at SWA. So out of let's say 5900, 482 would equals....roughly 8%....that were hired and took the job....not counting those who did not take it....or those who did not get hired at all. I think you may be a bit off on your percentages...I'm just sayin

He said APPLIED, not hired. I can assure you his number is off by roughly 30% - or more.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back