• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN: Why no JCBA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the fact the Airtran MEC was in Dallas this past week or the prior one and SWAPA is getting a meet and greet going in ATL for the Airtran guys/gals....please enjoy the free beer and food SWAPA and the pilots of SWA provide. It should be a good time.

And the fact the Airtran MEC was in Dallas this past week or the prior one and SWAPA is getting a meet and greet going in ATL for the Airtran guys/gals....please enjoy the free beer and food SWAPA and the pilots of SWA provide. It should be a good time.

Aren't you guys invited too?

RedDog et al-

Out TA vote closes today at 10 a.m. EST. The rates for FO's will become effective Dec 1, so any comparisons made using wages from our 2001 Contract are just a waste of time.

Hahaha..

Now that's funny. Talk about uninformed. (Hint..it's called a snapshot)

Windfall, lets talk about what you guys get. how about no growth for over the next two years currently planned, lets talk about 50-75 more 737s coming, INTL cities that you don't fly to, your reservation system that is a wreck, DCA slots, LGA slots, did I mention ATL, rafts on 737, raft trained crews, XM Radio (entertainment), WiFi on every plane, oh and Gary Kelly and SWA noted ATL may become largest city..=? Windfall again?

QUOTE]

Really? That has nothing to do with this pilot group. Everything you mention is COMPANY oriented. You can't combine the two, but nice try.

Yes...Airtran pilot windfall. 50-80% pay increase for starters. FOR STARTERS. Dude it's not even close.

This isn't a DL/NW difference of 10-20% and all the AAI guys on here who don't admit that honestly are just fooling themselves.

I would say that is a correct statement. I always assumed Southwest is buying AirTran for one reason, and one reason only, to kill them off. It's not about wanting anything that is AirTran, including the employees. If it weren't for the government legislation, I couldn't say we would hire a single one, our culture is too important to be gambled with. Sure the topping on the cake is instant growth in ATL, and we got it cheap. I have heard there will be a probationary period, just like with Morris. This should weed out any undesirables, and at SWA, they will be easy to spot. It's just the Southwest way.

Ya great culture, put almost 10,000 people out of work would be the way you want it. Super nice guy you are. How did you slip through the interview process.

Ya great culture, put almost 10,000 people out of work would be the way you want it. Super nice guy you are. How did you slip through the interview process.

But you are ok with putting your guys, some tried but failed to get hired at SWA, above our guys?

Hypocritical, don't you think!

I just know how hard we have all worked to build what we have at SWA. We are willing and able to extend that to your pilot group but A little respect for the gift you are being given is expected. I'm not angry but I do expect you not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Welcome aboard.

That is exactly it. SWA is buying us...not SWAPA. IF SWAPA pooled their money and purchased Airtran it would be different. SWAPA brings a seniority list just as Airtran does. You seem to confuse the two. The share holders own the rest. The planes, the routes, the growth etc. The pilot group is not the gift horse.

Sorry, Ty, but for the sake of these arguments (i.e. SWA vs. AAI vis a vis the integration), your current rates, not your TA rates, are the ones in play. Because those are the rates that the arbitrator will be using to make his/her comparisons. Why, you ask? Because SWAPA can (and will) make a very valid case that a) those came after the CND and b) you got those rates as a direct result of the SWA acquisition. As part of those arguments, I'm sure they will include that GK himself probably had to sign off on the deal, since I doubt if AAI could make substantive changes to their costs without it. So it will be the snapshot taken on Sep 27th that will constitute the comparison of contracts.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

So you are saying we would have never got another raise if SWA didn't make this deal. Secondly GK can't legally have anything to do with Airtran until after the DOCC. So you are saying he violated the law. I bet the DOJ would like to know that.

Latest resources

Back