• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN: Why no JCBA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your lack of general accounting is embarrassing. Your current raises increase AT costs enough to wipe out your best year's (2009) net profit. That increase in cost is per year. Call your union, or better yet just call your VC, or just call PCL.
What's a VC? If this is the kind of "information" you have about our company, then I'm not surprised you're misinformed.

The information I posted came directly from the NC during a road show about 10 days ago. $50 Million 1st year increase, $140 Million over the 5 year duration. The $140 Million increase in cost is NOT per year. Get educated.

Your current TA raises are just a carrot to get you guys to play nice until we finish buying you. Nothing more. If we don't buy you. Your TA rates will not be the rates you live with, your company cannot afford those rates. You will be asked to give them back.

JMHO of course!
Well, you know what they say about opinions... ;)

Vice Chairman.

Your right, I forgot how little you guys make now and with the new rates.

Interesting that your group looks to gain more than your 5 year aggregate increase in around 8 months with our rates. Talk about a windfall.

Vice Chairman.
Ah, TO. Wasn't even thinking in that direction, I usually call my rep or talk to the NC directly.

Your right, I forgot how little you guys make now and with the new rates.

Interesting that your group looks to gain more than your 5 year aggregate increase in around 8 months with our rates. Talk about a windfall.
It's definitely a large increase for the F/O's, both the T.A. and SWA rates, no doubt about that. Not trying to get into a ******* contest with you over it, I just strongly disagree that these rates are unsustainable and that AAI would somehow be in financial distress if stuck with them.

The financials just don't bear that out.

Either way, it's a moot point, as I firmly believe the deal *IS* happening, and I hope after all this is done we can all get on board with rowing in the same direction. Until then, just doing my best to keep the mud slinging and animosity at a minimum... I know it's inevitable to a certain extent, although I wish it wasn't, but I hope we can keep from turning it into Red Book / Green Book or worse, AWA/UAir.

Your lack of general accounting is embarrassing. Your current raises increase AT costs enough to wipe out your best year's (2009) net profit. That increase in cost is per year.

You must not have a very good grasp of basic math.

We have 1700 pilots. A $170 million increase would be a 100,000 raise to each pilot.

Obviously, we didn't get that. My increase was barely ten percent of that number- about $11,000. a year.

If you would have read my other post, I admitted my mistake.

Geesh!!

Lighten up Francis!

AirTran revenues and operating income, excluding special items, for the twelve months ending June 30, 2010, were $2.5 billion and $128 million, respectively. Southwest Airlines revenues and operating income, excluding special items, for the twelve months ending June 30, 2010, were $11.2 billion and $843 million, respectively

Bob Fornaro, AirTran Airways' Chairman, President and CEO said, "This agreement is great news for our Crew Members, our shareholders, our customers and the communities we serve. Joining Southwest Airlines will give us opportunities to grow, both professionally as individuals and as a group, in ways that simply would not be possible without this agreement. This agreement with Southwest is a testament to the success and hard work of the more than 8,000 AirTran Crew Members who have built this airline. I am tremendously proud of the things we have accomplished together and look forward to continuing that great work during this next exciting chapter of our history."

Wow..did not know you had so many crew members....this could get ugly

If everything's so great, why are you so angry? :laugh:

I just know how hard we have all worked to build what we have at SWA. We are willing and able to extend that to your pilot group but A little respect for the gift you are being given is expected. I'm not angry but I do expect you not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Welcome aboard.

Wow..did not know you had so many crew members....this could get ugly

Yet another way for our reptillian overlords to demoralize the REAL crew members. Call the rampies and gate agents crew members, and they're the same as the diva pilots.

It's not a normal day at work unless you're bossed around by the gate agent, lead FA, and tug driver. You know...your fellow crew members.

RedDog et al-

Out TA vote closes today at 10 a.m. EST. The rates for FO's will become effective Dec 1, so any comparisons made using wages from our 2001 Contract are just a waste of time. You might as well be describing your plan to open a VHS video rental store. ;)

And I think Lear put that post of his from 2 years ago in perspective- the man was on the street when he wrote it.

Sorry, Ty, but for the sake of these arguments (i.e. SWA vs. AAI vis a vis the integration), your current rates, not your TA rates, are the ones in play. Because those are the rates that the arbitrator will be using to make his/her comparisons. Why, you ask? Because SWAPA can (and will) make a very valid case that a) those came after the CND and b) you got those rates as a direct result of the SWA acquisition. As part of those arguments, I'm sure they will include that GK himself probably had to sign off on the deal, since I doubt if AAI could make substantive changes to their costs without it. So it will be the snapshot taken on Sep 27th that will constitute the comparison of contracts.

Also, just to be clear, didn't you start negotiating in '05? So your current rates would be '05 rates, not '01 rates. But it was a nice attempt to bolster your argument by increasing the distance between then and now. Oh, and for the record, even though we'll be using the old rates for comparison, even your new rates are 30-50% less than ours.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Latest resources

Back