• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ALPA negotiate settlement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Facts are stubborn things, obadie. Unfortunately, the staple promise is public knowledge now.

But you are right about the dangers of emotion. That's the problem SWAPA faces now, having stirred up the SWA pilot group with promises of large seniority gains at the expense of AT pilots. Honestly, I don't see how SWAPA extricates themselves from this mess of their own creation.

Nindiri,

You have failed to provide anything. You still claim SWAPA said this or that, but you fail to provide proof. You have not answered any question that doesn't fit into your agenda.

Post the official SWAPA communication that states anything about a staple!

You can't.

in any organization you're going to have your 2, or 5 or 10%...
Are you saying that SWAPA is truly negotiating in good faith this week? If so, I will accept your word for it, and am glad to hear this good news.

But I disagree with you on posting actual names from private conversations here. A quick and simple edit would have taken care of that problem.

Nindiri,

You have failed to provide anything. You still claim SWAPA said this or that, but you fail to provide proof. You have not answered any question that doesn't fit into your agenda.

You can't.
What are you babbling about now, luv2fly? You need to get over this fixation and move on. The staple promise, whatever you may feel about it, is done and over with now, and everybody is moving forward.

I think you misunderstand me. I am in no way suggesting that trying to negotiate a staple was unethical or dishonest; if that was what SWAPA wanted to negotiate, that is their right. But I confess that I am surprised that they would openly promise a staple to their pilots and stir them up in support of it, with such a poor chance of actually achieving it. Now, having promised a staple or near-staple and being unable to deliver, they have backed themselves into a corner and have to deal with their own angry pilots who understandably want to know why SWAPA did not deliver on the promise.

I like your post but it's factually incorrect, backwards, dishonest and deflecting. The truth is alpa led their group in expectations of relative seniority. The backstop was arbitration and recent awards based on common carrier awards (apples to apples). The proof is in all talking points on here from not only Airtran pilots, but also Airtran reps and alpa vols.

The feeling off a staple at Swa is deeply rooted in Swa history. Look at previous Swa acquisitions and you will find a 40 history rich in acquisitions. How were these handled and processed? What role did Swapa play in those? That feeling is old school and an individual and rare one. It is not a Swapa idea.

In the end Swapa never set up expectations to their pilots there would be a staple. Never. If you state otherwise it is simply incorrect and you are being dishonest. The proof is out there.

As you know, a union wants to polarize a pilot group to get positive results. Airtran alpa did this to get the strike vote they needed. It sadly does not transfer into sli negotiating. It did help achieve your section 6 gains however. It did so only because the backstop was moved with future earnings and benefits a given, or so thought. Go back to that section 6 vote without the Swa acquisition and there is no way it passes.

Back to the original post... The deal was not a staple. You sir, are all over the board, changing the subject and deflecting. Your issues are a result of the actions of Airtran alpa. Frankly it is what it is.

We can get this done as a team. It will be best for all of us and are futures. What you are doing here is not helping anyone. It is not helping you, it is not helping me and it is not helping anyone reading this.

Please truth and accuracy first.

Nindiri, what the heck are you talking about. I really think you have lost your mind!

What in the world does your above quote have to do with a private conversation? If it doesn't why would you bring it up publically?

You have lost it!

Nindiri,

You can't.

Luv,

He is incorrect. It's an attempt to either distract you from proving the obvious or one to discredit you.

There was another campaign however.

As you know, a union wants to polarize a pilot group to get positive results. Airtran alpa did this to get the strike vote they needed. It sadly does not transfer into sli negotiating. It did help achieve your section 6 gains however. It did so only because the backstop was moved with future earnings and benefits a given, or so thought. Go back to that section 6 vote without the Swa acquisition and there is no way it passes.
I don't disagree with you that unions often try to polarize pilot groups to achieve unity and positive results, but to promise an extreme result with little chance of success is a questionable tactic. SC and SWAPA got the short-term excitement and support they wanted, but now they face the long-term task of pacifying a pilot group that wants to know why SWAPA is not able to deliver on the promises. That's why the SWA pilots' message board went crazy when the proposed SLI came out and was only a partial-staple. I don't accuse SWAPA of doing anything unethical by pursuing a staple, but I wonder how they will proceed from here without further angering the radicals in their own pilot group.

I understand, that is the funny thing!

I apolgize for getting invloved but his attempt is egregious. It's the exact opposite and many of us on here have just moved on as there really is no reason to discuss the matter.

The fact, however, he decides to turn it around to make light of the matter is malicious.

Latest resources

Back