Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard there will be later sims... Just passing on stuff I hear...had dinner with a SWA ATL Cappy, he said things are un-LUVing there...showed me a photo of some men's room graffiti that was not very complimentary of SWA/SWAPA or GK...lot of Straight ahead looks when he said hello to the trannys, no fist fights though...

I heard there will be later sims... Just passing on stuff I hear...had dinner with a SWA ATL Cappy, he said things are un-LUVing there...showed me a photo of some men's room graffiti that was not very complimentary of SWA/SWAPA or GK...lot of Straight ahead looks when he said hello to the trannys, no fist fights though...

Does your "friend" often take pictures of men's bathrooms? That's kinda creepy. Anyway, I always smile and wave to my fellow pilots, not sure what your "friend" is talking about as most of the SW FOs in ATL are FATs. As far as fights go, sorry to disappoint you, I haven't witnessed anything even close to a shouting match or name calling in ATL.

Why don't you go start your own fight in downtown OAK, let us know how that goes.....

"580ish upgrades next year, not front loading"...........................

How many retirments? How many new/used aircraft deliveries? Enough to warrant 580? Don't think so. GK has given and now he will take. Flattish will be what is breakfast and SWAPA will gulp it down.

Flattish will be what is breakfast and SWAPA will gulp it down.
Exactly why would there be a reason to accept a flat contract? You realize that "flattish" means exactly what we currently have, correct? We are not operating under a draconian bankruptcy imposed contract with terrible rates and rules. We will negotiate until we reach an improved CBA, there is no reason to do otherwise. With retro pay there is just no reason to stop the negotiating process until you reach a deal that gives you the gains that are necessary to get a yes vote. Flat is just another way to describe what we already have, there is absolutely no incentive to sign a new deal with no improvements.

The morale in the crew room has been in the dumps for a while. I sat ready reserve for a few hours last month and you would've thought I was at a funeral. Guys don't want to talk to other AT guys let alone at SWA guy. It is depressing.

He must realize too that a lot of the guys (senior AT CAs) feel he has a slot that should be theirs. We can debate it forever and those individuals will always feel that way until they go back to the left seat and hold ATL.

Phred

Ready reserve would make morale suck

Ready Reserve? We don't have that here,nor do we want that. I had it in a previous airline life. WORST EVER IDEA IMHO!

Strange talk here these days...

SWA cappy takin pics in the mens room, does he tap his foot in there too?
"Flattish contract" is ok, no real incentive or ability to improve it?
SWA 737-800 with "ETOPS" painted on the tail

Now that one made me LaughOutLoud

you guys really do do things different

...lot of Straight ahead looks when he said hello to the trannys...

Shell Shocked? :eek:

In the words of John McClane: Welcome to the party, pal!

The ATL crew room is definitely not as friendly, nice or "warm" as the others but other than that is has been cordial. I don't engage in the negativity so maybe I have missed it. A couple of folks have gone out of there way to say hi, and others just remain quiet. With the exception of two guys at the parking lot, even the folks on the bus have been friendly.

The problem here, as I see it, is we are all preprogrammed with expectations of each other. Unfortunately, those expectations have been built on hard feelings. Personally, if I throw my expectations out and treat everyone I meet with respect, I find that I m treated the same.

Latest resources

Back