Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have your choices- and it certainly was lopsided- against junior SWA FOs

Another lie. Junior SWA FOs gained relative seniority.

...and 20 yr captains at AirTran will be downgraded to FO. Yeah, you're right, the junior RSW FOs were screwed over. Get a grip man.

I will once again refer you to my signature line below.

| | |
VVV

Last edited:

How many AirTran pilots were stapled below them? I forget?

How was it unethical for the company to involve itself in the negotiations of the most influential (and expensive) labor group? As a share holder you would be pleased that a negotiated settlement was reached...

Gary involved himself in the integration because he brought the checkbook, plain and simple.

Would he pay SW rates to AirTran immediately or later? That was his decision and his alone. ALPA and/or SWAPA had no input on that.

In what world did an AirTran pilot job equal the same job at Southwest? There was no way RS or DOH was even a possibility. It's done and over guys. Move on, or not. You can rant and rave for years, but it won't change the agreement, or the guys mind beside you.

In this catharsis, I would go one step further and say the jobs are equal, but the advantage always was on the side of the pilots from the acquiring side, I think the AAI MC got that...that is only "fair" after all...during the next acq...if there is one you will be on the winning side...

Another lie. Junior SWA FOs gained relative seniority.

Gained? You're the one lying on that. I will retire at a lower number and same percentile as before- and I'm relatively young

And further I should gain and didn't -that's the problem- acquiring carrier. Years longer to get the job for most. MUCH superior contract and much superior working conditions-

Look PCL- I know you're influence and your opinion cost your air tran peers thousands upon thousands of dollars, so you need to justify that to cover your arse for lack of judgment, but air tran pilots gained tangible things from being bought and had to give up RELATIVE seniority and nothing else-
SWA pilots literally gained nothing except further stagnation

PCL, answer me this- what can I put into my accounts as a result of this purchase?

Gained? You're the one lying on that. I will retire at a lower number and same percentile as before- and I'm relatively young

I don't care where you'll retire. Trying to project such a thing is impossible, because it's too far out and too many things can change. That's why arbitrators generally don't look beyond five years. What matters is now, and you gained relative seniority at the expense of the AirTran pilots. A windfall at the expense of someone else. Exactly what arbitrators always seek to avoid, which is why you wanted to avoid arbitrators.

PCL, answer me this- what can I put into my accounts as a result of this purchase?

There's your problem. You have an entitlement mindset. You weren't entitled to gain anything. You were entitled to maintain what you had, or something close. That's it.

Arbitration is what our CEO wanted to avoid...and he did...the AAI side felt it would do better at arbitration than at the negotiating table...it may have, but going head to head with an actively involved management was, in hindsight, a bad idea when your side had vulnerabilities (an unwanted airframe)...he quite simply did not need all your assets to get what he needed...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back