SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't see how they can train all these pilots in 2014:
My guess is SWA transitions 72 pilots per month from Jan 2014 through April 2015 so that we will all be flying orange and blue for the busy summer season of 2015. A few Trannies might get a 2-3 month paid vacation waiting for a transition class. I hope I am one of them :)

Brit, you are correct. This is not going to happen per the timeline. SWA will have to come to SWAPA and ask for contractual relief. What does that mean? Who knows.
It means nice spinners on the McD vans we bought. Maybe an extra GDO if we are lucky.

That's it! And if your a capt on the AirTran side you get to stay so maybe there will be a bit of silver lining for a few.

No, I think if SWAPA and GK can find a way to throw us under the bus then they will. My guess is that Randy Babbitt will dangle a "pay cut or else" offer to relax the deadline. Why SWAPA happily invited a B-Scale on their property still baffles me....

We didn't, you did by rejecting the first offer. We had no say in what you're getting paid. Who's at fault? Look in the mirror.

SWAPA did not invite a b scale. ALPA did that all on their own. That was between AT and SWA.

I will agree that SWAPA was not going to burn any negotiating capitol on this issue.

SWAPA did not invite a b scale. ALPA did that all on their own. That was between AT and SWA.

I will agree that SWAPA was not going to burn any negotiating capitol on this issue.

Really? just like 80% of us voted to keep our jobs, 80% of your pilots voted for the B-Scale.

Last edited:
No, we voted for our details, our vote had no relation to what you decided to accept as your pay. Grow up please.

Whether you like it or not, you have a B-Scale on your property. Two 737s going from ATL-BWI and one costs a third less to operate. Which 737 do you think the bean counters in DAL want to operate? You think they would gladly give it up now after your union looked the other way when it happened? Good luck with that.....

No, we voted for our details, our vote had no relation to what you decided to accept as your pay. Grow up please.

About as straight forward as it gets. Not one Southwest pilot is responsible for the outcome at AirTran, that's reality. I don't understand that if you guys had a 98% strike vote, essentially saying you would rather walk away from your job than accept what your company was giving you, you feel that Southwest was forcing you into anything.

Latest resources

Back