• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know some would go in a heartbeat...PCL comes to mind.

Phred

Delta requires a college degree, so unless he can get the Wizard of Oz to conjure one up, he ain't going.

I think he meant "interview" as opposed to coming WITH the 717s in a pkg deal since that is a provision in our ALPA contract (IIRC, maintaining seats and longevity). It is a part that all parties are ignoring for some reason. I know some would go in a heartbeat...PCL comes to mind.

Phred

Really?

Thanks. I am 100% certain not all of the AT guys would have known that.:rolleyes:

Well, some of them did pay for training and only have GEDs, so.........

Southwest requires a type rating so some wizard must have conjured up 73 types for all of us 71 guys.

Yeah, that Wizard would be Gary Kelly, who put in place your ability to become a Southwest Pilot without a 737 Type Rating. Also you didn't need the 1000 hours of Turbine PIC, so thank him at the breakfast.

Yeah, that Wizard would be Gary Kelly, who put in place your ability to become a Southwest Pilot without a 737 Type Rating. Also you didn't need the 1000 hours of Turbine PIC, so thank him at the breakfast.

If only they would throw in the leather jacket for free too.....

Last edited:

And plenty of us bring both the type AND 1000 TPIC mins many times over. You're just trying to use one paintbrush for us all. Open your eyes man. I've flown with Tranny captains that dropped bombs in Libya in the eighties, flew the Prez all over the world in the nineties, and heroically recovered burning DC9's when lesser pilots might've augered in. We also have some scabs and serious dooshbags, but you guys do too.

And plenty of us bring both the type AND 1000 TPIC mins many times over. You're just trying to use one paintbrush for us all.

Not using one paintbrush at all, I know quite a few AirTran pilots that are more than qualified. I was just responding to the smartazz comment about not needing a 737 Type. Of course there is a difference in qualifications with an acquisition opposed to a New Hire, that's all I was pointing out. And Delta still requires a College Degree for a New Hire. I would suppose that doesn't apply to the flow through pilots, hence the different way to get in the door.

If only they would throw in the leather jacket for free too.....

Please buy the leather jacket, too many guys getting the "look" wearing the Stu Nahan jacket.

Latest resources

Back