• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plaintiffs argue that the arbitrator erred by relying on agreements outside the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NPA and AirTran which governs seniority. The CBA states that "the seniority of a pilot will begin to accrue from the date the pilot is first placed on Company payroll in a training status." See Section 3.A.6 of Exhibit 9 to Plaintiffs' Cross-Motion for Final Summary Judgment at DE 52. The arbitrator awarded Defendants credit back to a December 20, 1993 training class based upon a 1991 agreement between the President of DSA and a group of pilots including Plaintiffs and Defendants. Plaintiffs contend that arbitrator's new seniority list reflected the stock purchase dates of the DSA pilots, rather than any payroll status, and thus was outside the terms of the governing CBA. Plaintiffs argue that the arbitrator's conclusion shows that he was creating new contractual terms at odds with the CBA, while expressly relying on the intent of Guy Lindley, former head of DSA, a nonparty

Winner of the obtuse post competition!

For the guys yet to cross...the water's fine. Jump in. Drink the beer, and get over it. You didn't have any say in it, and neither did they. Learn the new system and move along. It really is good over here. Doesn't mean AT wasn't great, it's just different. And they treat you like an adult. Everyone's been great, some procedures are a bit "funny", but all in all, good times.

For the guys yet to cross...the water's fine. Jump in. Drink the beer, and get over it. You didn't have any say in it, and neither did they. Learn the new system and move along. It really is good over here. Doesn't mean AT wasn't great, it's just different. And they treat you like an adult. Everyone's been great, some procedures are a bit "funny", but all in all, good times.

Great post.

Could we please take this to 62 pages now...

Then why aren't the AirTran pilots going to Delta with the 717s?

SWA is subleasing the 717s to Delta. It's a dry lease, not a "wet" one with crews. There is also an option "to buy" the 717s after AT's (or now SWA's) leases are up, and at the value of the planes at that time, which will be really cheap by 2020-2025. It was a great deal.

As far as the AT pilots go, GK stated there would be no furloughs, so the ones who want to stay at SWA can stay. If the AT guys want to come along to DL, they will have to interview. I would think DL would want those AT guys, so make sure to throw in an app. Right now DL is overstaffed by about 400 supposedly, so 3 717s a month starting in AUG, 14 MD90s, and 3 737-900ERs (which will be replacing some 757s/A320s/dom 767s) per month starting in AUG also will help bring that down to zero. Retirments aren't huge for another couple years, but when they do start leaving in droves, it will be very interesting to watch. As I stated before, a few years in a row there are 700-800 leaving EACH year. That will cause a lot of training, and upward movement.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think he meant "interview" as opposed to coming WITH the 717s in a pkg deal since that is a provision in our ALPA contract (IIRC, maintaining seats and longevity). It is a part that all parties are ignoring for some reason. I know some would go in a heartbeat...PCL comes to mind.

Phred

I think he meant "interview" as opposed to coming WITH the 717s in a pkg deal since that is a provision in our ALPA contract (IIRC, maintaining seats and longevity). It is a part that all parties are ignoring for some reason. I know some would go in a heartbeat...PCL comes to mind.

Phred

I think the SWA/AT contract allows the 717s to go without crews if there is a "sublease", and of course there is in this case. If you are happy at SWA you should stay, otherwise, there will be 3 legacies hiring eventually with lots of upward movement due to retirements. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I read our contract and it does not reference any sublease exception but the language is so full of holes you could fly an A380 through it. Essentially it can be ignored without consequences.

I do not know what I will do when Delta starts hiring. The thought of first year pay again just sucks (Delta), the thought of commuting sucks (SWA), there really isn't a good answer for me. I cannot/will not move with kids in high school.

Phred

Latest resources

Back