• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, that Wizard would be Gary Kelly, who put in place your ability to become a Southwest Pilot without a 737 Type Rating. Also you didn't need the 1000 hours of Turbine PIC, so thank him at the breakfast.

WOW, "the ability to become a Southwest pilot" given to me by GK, really, you've got to be kidding me, I'll be forever greatful. So far, I have no great urge to thank anyone for this knighthood that is being bestowed upon us ;(.

BTW, like the majority of our captains, over 7000TPIC, and no type due to not being on the 73, not having gotten one in the military, or not having any urge to go buy one to work for WN.

Wow you should have got DOH!

The list is done. We're living with it. The woulda, coulda, shoulda is over unless someone brings it up.

To think though that we have the ability to become Southwest pilots through the benevolence of GK or Southwest in general is asinine. It's law and contractual. If Southwest could have purchased all our assets and hired off the street, they would have done it in a minute and you all would have been much happier.

Damn can someone please shoot this thread and put it out of its misery. Worse than a bunch of high school girls.

WOW, "the ability to become a Southwest pilot" given to me by GK, really, you've got to be kidding me, I'll be forever greatful. .

No you won't, 99% of us are though. You'll just be bitter your whole career if you chose to, you won't be missed on the overnights.

Don't see how they can train all these pilots in 2014:

February 1, 2013

Fellow Pilots,

There was a discrepancy with the numbers printed at the beginning of the “Chairman’s Message” in the eWeekly. Approximately 1165 pilots will remain on the AirTran side of Southwest’s partition by January 1, 2014.

Regards,

Capt. Jim Morris, Chairman

Brit, you are correct. This is not going to happen per the timeline. SWA will have to come to SWAPA and ask for contractual relief. What does that mean? Who knows.

Brit, you are correct. This is not going to happen per the timeline. SWA will have to come to SWAPA and ask for contractual relief. What does that mean? Who knows.

It means, Gary Kelly will ask for more time and SWAPA will give it to him.

Latest resources

Back