• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About as straight forward as it gets. Not one Southwest pilot is responsible for the outcome at AirTran, that's reality. I don't understand that if you guys had a 98% strike vote, essentially saying you would rather walk away from your job than accept what your company was giving you, you feel that Southwest was forcing you into anything.

You guys don't get, I don't give a $hite now about the pay. My question is what will you do when Randy demands relief for the 2015 deadline?

Whether you like it or not, you have a B-Scale on your property. Two 737s going from ATL-BWI and one costs a third less to operate. Which 737 do you think the bean counters in DAL want to operate? You think they would gladly give it up now after your union looked the other way when it happened? Good luck with that.....

They have stated that the Southwest brand would generate more money, the very reason we keep taking over more routes. It's about the revenues not the costs.

You guys don't get, I don't give a $hite now about the pay. My question is what will you do when Randy demands relief for the 2015 deadline?

Call SWAPA, they should be all over it.

They have stated that the Southwest brand would generate more money, the very reason we keep taking over more routes. It's about the revenues not the costs.

Sweet!!! The magical Southwest brand will generate money just by the name alone!

Randy wont be asking for concessions while the CEO rakes in 35% per annum pay increases, sorry. And a company which is still making a hefty profit is not a candidate to seek pay givebacks from labor. Randy's old school tactics only work when companies are in bankruptcy.

Randy is there to put the screws to the other unions on property: Ramp and FA's. Ramp for sick abuse and FA's for 600 or so senior mommas not working since they could last fit into mini skirts, yet still costing the company benefits. Randy is the token fall guy to take the heat off management, classic SWA way of keeping face, get someone else to do the dirty work.

Pilots have little to worry about our rates of pay, which if you forgot, all snap to one rate 2015 which will be well before any section six deal is reached.

And for the 2015 deadline, you get our pay no matter what, and if the company cant make the swchedule, well, it will cost them substantially. Both in money to RSW FO's, ruining good faith and loss of face to the general public. My bet is SWA makes the deadline, but AT guys may not like it...

Last edited:
I am not sure what SWAPA will do. I am actually concerned about how that deadline will be handled. In my opinion AT pilots will not be negatively effected (any more than you already are) by whatever they come up with. This will be an issue with the RSW pilots.

Randy wont be asking for concessions while the CEO rakes in 35% per annum pay increases, sorry. And a company which is still making a hefty profit is not a candidate to seek pay givebacks from labor. Randy's old school tactics only work when companies are in bankruptcy.

Randy is there to put the screws to the other unions on property: Ramp and FA's. Ramp for sick abuse and FA's for 600 or so senior mommas not working since they could last fit into mini skirts, yet still costing the company benefits. Randy is the token fall guy to take the heat off management, classic SWA way of keeping face, get someone else to do the dirty work.

Pilots have little to worry about our rates of pay, which if you forgot, all snap to one rate 2015 which will be well before any section six deal is reached.

I sincerely hope you are right.

I am not sure if this has any base in fact, but this week, at Big D, a future 717 LCA told us that SW was interested in delivering more than 3 717's per month to D.

Presently, I believe that we are supposed to get 3 717's per month.

I am not sure if this has any base in fact, but this week, at Big D, a future 717 LCA told us that SW was interested in delivering more than 3 717's per month to D.

Presently, I believe that we are supposed to get 3 717's per month.

That is the rumor, it's also rumored that the big D doesn't want them any sooner and would like to slow down the deliveries if possible. Something to do with getting all the 90's on board first or at least most before having to bring on the 71's.

Also rumors of at least one of the entities involved trying to work out a deal after the fact for some tranny pilots to go with the airplanes.

Latest resources

Back