• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a masters, 737 type, 5000 73 hours, and 12 years at AT. Should I feel like a lucky SOB? I lost my A/C, my seat ,my base, 32% seniority and at least a 20% pay cut.

Yeah, you should feel lucky. You didn't have to come over to SWA right away... you could have stayed until the end. Then you would only be experiencing the paycut in 2015, you know when you come over to Southwest and get on our payscale.

You probably have a 20% paycut, because you don't know how to bid or pick up.

You should have read the email he sent the MC that week. Pretty funny to see the toughest guy in the room on August 17th crapping his pants just 5 days later :)

I'd love to see it!!

Yeah, you should feel lucky. You didn't have to come over to SWA right away... you could have stayed until the end. Then you would only be experiencing the paycut in 2015, you know when you come over to Southwest and get on our payscale.

You probably have a 20% paycut, because you don't know how to bid or pick up.

I haven't come over yet. I will be forced over around this time next year. Evan if I was going to get a 20% pay raise that would not make up the other losses.

There should have been no concern Phred. The Group B4 EVP said Gary was bluffing. Who do you believe, the chair of the MC or the Group B4 EVP? I thought you were on the EVPs side?

I am not on anyone's side.

While I personally do not like B4 EVP(mainly due to his political affliation and his "ALPA can do no wrong" slant). He has always worked hard on behalf of his fellow pilots. I respect that. I also respect that he does not belittle those that have a differing opinion...at least not that I have witnessesed. I also thought he was wrong in his utter confidence that GK was bluffing. The B4 EVP was VERY confident and there is no way he could be that sure. Only GK could be and was not going to tell.

What does get me fired up is the fact that there was so much conflicting information about the SLI that it was hard to determine what was fact and what was opinion, what was said, when and EVEN who said it. The blame for that is square on LH, the MEC, and the entire MC/NC. You guys were one eff'd up, dysfunctional bunch. Now you come back on here and want to bring it all up again and act like you were the pillar of truth in the mess. You may have been - I don't know but the issue is dead.

Another thing that gets me is that you think it is funny that Lear was concerned about his livelyhood. Look, perception is reality and if Lear had the perception that his career just went down the toilet it was real in his mind. Think about if you just found out that your career was over, say a drinking issue that made national news. Think about how you would feel. There is NOTHING funny about that feeling and yet you think it is... just classless behavior IMO.

Sorry, rant over...

Phred

Someone with an impressive background of high school diploma and Gulfstream graduate got completely schooled, embarrassed, and outplayed by a Fortune 200 CEO. Who would have seen that coming?:rolleyes:

I haven't come over yet. I will be forced over around this time next year. Evan if I was going to get a 20% pay raise that would not make up the other losses.

I still think you have got it made. You have 9 bases to choose from as far as living in a base. Your QOL will go up on SWA side. You have to live it before you bash it.

I still think you have got it made. You have 9 bases to choose from as far as living in a base. Your QOL will go up on SWA side. You have to live it before you bash it.

I have not bashed QLA in any post. My anguish is the way we were treated by a company that touts the golden rule and everything else they claim to hold dear. I know you guys refuse to accept that our jobs were threatened. Whether it was a bluff or real it, happened. Now they are changing a major factor that was instrumental in how we did our transition bid. Then expect us to say oh well.

I have not bashed QLA in any post. My anguish is the way we were treated by a company that touts the golden rule and everything else they claim to hold dear. I know you guys refuse to accept that our jobs were threatened. Whether it was a bluff or real it, happened. Now they are changing a major factor that was instrumental in how we did our transition bid. Then expect us to say oh well.

You now have the benefit of Gary fighting for you. Now that we are on the same side. I just brought up this 717 thing the other day and was told ALPA allowed only one bid. Seems fair to me, the rules change you should be allowed to bid. But your union will not allow this.

Southwest always changes their minds.....far from perfect. But still a great job.

There is that "Golden Rule" being tossed around again.

Common over guys. It is gonna be great. Just tell us what you want and we will give it to you because living by the golden rule means we give everyone what they want!!!

There is that "Golden Rule" being tossed around again.

Common over guys. It is gonna be great. Just tell us what you want and we will give it to you because living by the golden rule means we give everyone what they want!!!

So threatening people with their job is within the realm of the golden rule?
Did not and do not expect to get everything I want. Did expect SWA to follow the PA without threats.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back