• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, sadly, they were not. And you know why? Because our Merger Committee made a deal with the SWAPA Merger Committee as part of the Process Agreement that there wouldn't be any lawyers allowed. Of course, that ignores the fact that the SWAPA Merger Committee has a pilot who is also a lawyer. And then there was management coming to the table, along with their lawyer who's been practicing law in the airlines for many, many years. Great job, Merger Committee!

Was this the MC that was put together by our MEC?

Nah, ALPA gets a bad name because people with no experience or qualifications get into important positions (like, say, the Merger Committee) and screw things up.

Holy cow, your account has been hacked or you are finally seeing the light. Either case, well done.

Actually, I appreciate the "new and improved" General Lee. I appreciate you trying to be more civil, and eliminate the personal and inappropriate jabs that sometimes accompanied your points. And I can see that you're still being provoked, and are doing a pretty good job of not returning to name-calling and stuff. Good for you.

My point with Jim was that he jumped into a "discussion" between Airtran and Southwest pilots (not really me, but others) with an obvious jab calculated to put Southwest pilots "in their place." The problem was, the substance of his jab was untrue. There is NO SUCH letter from management as he described. Either he made it up (which I actually don't think), or he listened to pessimistic pilots bitching about the latest "we've got to save money" pitch from management, and in his mind somehow turned it into something dire that he could use in an argument. That's what I suspect actually happened. I seriously doubt that three Southwest pilots actually said that management wrote all the pilots a letter telling us that the company was "asking for pay cuts and concessions" (seeing as how it's completely untrue). Yet, that's the way he presented it on the forum to use as ammunition against Southwest pilots. Then of course his editorial comment added to further inflame.

Personally, I don't care if Jim likes Southwest of not. He's entitled to his opinion. It seems obvious that he thinks that we (or at least the ones represented on this forum) are arrogant and self-entitled. In all honesty, I don't care if it's his opinion that Southwest pilots collectively bent Airtran over and had their way with their wives, or however else he perceives the situation from his removed position. Everyone has an opinion, even the people who aren't involved and may or may not have all the facts. But when he puts out stuff like it's a fact, when a moment's thought would tell any reasonable and unbiased pilot that it's crap, then that's when I had to say something.

Back to the bitching and other entertainment.

Bubba

why bring the pilot' wives into this?....this latent thought of yours' that just came to the surface about doing the wives..have you had this before?..and why not just let it be you had your way with the airtran pilots?..the wives are innocent.. hey, you have a copy of deliverance on the shelf?:laugh:

No, sadly, they were not. And you know why? Because our Merger Committee made a deal with the SWAPA Merger Committee as part of the Process Agreement that there wouldn't be any lawyers allowed. Of course, that ignores the fact that the SWAPA Merger Committee has a pilot who is also a lawyer. And then there was management coming to the table, along with their lawyer who's been practicing law in the airlines for many, many years. Great job, Merger Committee!
The MC "owns" SIA #1. The former ATN MEC Vice Chair and former ATN LEC 71 Chair "own" SIA #2. Too bad there is a $300 million difference for AirTran pilots over the next decade. Also, there would have been 700-850 former AirTran pilots in the left seat on January 1st, 2015. Now, it appears we might be heading to ZERO former AirTran pilots in the left seat on January 1st, 2015.

Great job, ALPA Group B3 EVP!

Nah, ALPA gets a bad name because people with no experience or qualifications get into important positions (like, say, the Merger Committee) and screw things up.
TB and FE have been doing union work since you were still getting picked last on the playground for kickball games in elementary school. Not sure where you get there was no experience on the ATN MC.

The MC "owns" SIA #1. The former ATN MEC Vice Chair and former ATN LEC 71 Chair "own" SIA #2. Too bad there is a $300 million difference for AirTran pilots over the next decade. Also, there would have been 700-850 former AirTran pilots in the left seat on January 1st, 2015. Now, it appears we might be heading to ZERO former AirTran pilots in the left seat on January 1st, 2015.

Great job, ALPA Group B3 EVP!

Who let SIA 2 out of the negotiating room?

Should had never seen the light of day!

There are some smart guys that work in unions. The others are goons that are in it for the money or power!! My guess is that there are more goons than brains in most operations.

The former ATN MEC Vice Chair and former ATN LEC 71 Chair "own" SIA #2.

How exactly do they "own" something that they publicly opposed and voted against? Nice try, RB, but that dog don't hunt.

TB and FE have been doing union work since you were still getting picked last on the playground for kickball games in elementary school. Not sure where you get there was no experience on the ATN MC.

Hold up Max, you need to give Piggy a little bit more credit. He was a Chief Pilot at Delta Virtual Airlines. So, you better recognize.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back