Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is so bizarre.

It is so obvious you are also Jim.

If one really wants to see how hard General Lee is trying to keep the "jabs" out of posting, go see his posts on the pinnacle threads.

The truth and honesty is not welcome on this board.

First of all, I am not Jim. Also, guys like Freebrd over on the Regionals board actually deserves jabs. That guy is a supreme Putz. Even after I "calmed down a bit", he still gave jabs, and I will return the favor when needed. This thread doesn't need the jabs, since the events have already happened, and it is worthless. I said I am trying to do my best to stop the jabs and not harp on consistant themes, but if guys try to annoy me, the jabs may come back, and I'd rather keep it civil. See, I am trying, but I'm not a pushover.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
First of all, I am not Jim. Also, guys like Freebrd over on the Regionals board actually deserves jabs. That guy is a supreme Putz. Even after I "calmed down a bit", he still gave jabs, and I will return the favor when needed. This thread doesn't need the jabs, since the events have already happened, and it is worthless. I said I am trying to do my best to stop the jabs and not harp on consistant themes, but if guys try to annoy me, the jabs may come back, and I'd rather keep it civil. See, I am trying, but I'm not a pushover.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually, I appreciate the "new and improved" General Lee. I appreciate you trying to be more civil, and eliminate the personal and inappropriate jabs that sometimes accompanied your points. And I can see that you're still being provoked, and are doing a pretty good job of not returning to name-calling and stuff. Good for you.

My point with Jim was that he jumped into a "discussion" between Airtran and Southwest pilots (not really me, but others) with an obvious jab calculated to put Southwest pilots "in their place." The problem was, the substance of his jab was untrue. There is NO SUCH letter from management as he described. Either he made it up (which I actually don't think), or he listened to pessimistic pilots bitching about the latest "we've got to save money" pitch from management, and in his mind somehow turned it into something dire that he could use in an argument. That's what I suspect actually happened. I seriously doubt that three Southwest pilots actually said that management wrote all the pilots a letter telling us that the company was "asking for pay cuts and concessions" (seeing as how it's completely untrue). Yet, that's the way he presented it on the forum to use as ammunition against Southwest pilots. Then of course his editorial comment added to further inflame.

Personally, I don't care if Jim likes Southwest of not. He's entitled to his opinion. It seems obvious that he thinks that we (or at least the ones represented on this forum) are arrogant and self-entitled. In all honesty, I don't care if it's his opinion that Southwest pilots collectively bent Airtran over and had their way with their wives, or however else he perceives the situation from his removed position. Everyone has an opinion, even the people who aren't involved and may or may not have all the facts. But when he puts out stuff like it's a fact, when a moment's thought would tell any reasonable and unbiased pilot that it's crap, then that's when I had to say something.

Back to the bitching and other entertainment.

Bubba

Bubba,

Thanks, and I am trying to blend in more as a forum member instead of the forum jerk, even though some on the Regional board don't think so. As far as Jim goes, I think he just wanted to point out that he had heard something on a SWA jump and was trying to see if others had heard the same. I don't think he made up anything, rather he got defensive when some people on here also got defensive, in maybe a "non civil" way. I don't think he is the type who enjoys debating, especially for days, like some of us USED to do.... It sounds like he did enjoy his jumpseat, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

PCL, this is exactly why ALPA gets a bad name.

Nah, ALPA gets a bad name because people with no experience or qualifications get into important positions (like, say, the Merger Committee) and screw things up.

Nah, ALPA gets a bad name because people with no experience or qualifications get into important positions (like, say, the Merger Committee) and screw things up.

Most of us are pilots who got into this business because we like to fly. Our unions by definitions have no experience or qualifications for being professional negotiators and lawyers. I guess that is why again and again we are a step behind management who has professional negotiators and lawyers and they ACTUALLY KNOW the direction they are going to take the company.

Most of us are pilots who got into this business because we like to fly. Our unions by definitions have no experience or qualifications for being professional negotiators and lawyers. I guess that is why again and again we are a step behind management who has professional negotiators and lawyers and they ACTUALLY KNOW the direction they are going to take the company.

ALPA has professional negotiators, as well.

Were they in the room against Gary and crew? I thought it was our MC that you constantly rail against. Only thing I can tell that ALPA negotiators get are huge pay and benefits for employees at ALPA.

Were they in the room against Gary and crew?

No, sadly, they were not. And you know why? Because our Merger Committee made a deal with the SWAPA Merger Committee as part of the Process Agreement that there wouldn't be any lawyers allowed. Of course, that ignores the fact that the SWAPA Merger Committee has a pilot who is also a lawyer. And then there was management coming to the table, along with their lawyer who's been practicing law in the airlines for many, many years. Great job, Merger Committee!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back